Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:16 AM

230 posts, read 624,587 times

Advertisements

Well, I figured I would spend a couple weeks back home in Cincinnati and I wanted to make sure I could help my wife in the new place after the move. I don't want to rush back to work and leave everything for my wife to do. I don't have to be back to work until the 10th of March, so it leaves me plenty of time to be of some assistance to my wife and spend time with the family. It also afford me the chance to get around and see some things around town. My family threw a big suprise party for me the other day and we had a great time. Things have been pretty good minus everyone getting sick (including myself)... I will talk to you all again soon...

Mark...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 09:02 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times
Mark, it's so good to hear that you're doing well with the transition. When you said you'll be going back to work in March, does that mean you already have employment lined up in Sx. Falls? Will you still be working for the army like a recruiter or something?

I think you'll absolutely love Sx. Falls. Sorry if you've already said it, but what made your family decide on SD? Did you have family members here or did you vacation here? Just curious.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:22 PM

I still have another 2 years until I hit the 20 mark, but had to agree to do an extra year to come work in the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) there in Sioux Falls. I will be running the Physical Exams Department there. As far as staying there, we will have to wait and see. I still think we will end up back in Cincinnati as all of our family is here. You just never know though !!! Things are still going well, thanks for asking !!!

Mark...

Old 02-05-2008, 04:48 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,449,977 times
The MEPS buildings are on the north end of town....across from the convention center. we drove by the last time we went to sufu...I'm pretty sure you'll like that ;location. about 2 miles north of the zoo....just a few blocks from a bait & tackle shop(how else would I just ''drive by''LOL!....there's also a park, close by. but, anyway!!!Welcome to South Dakota! Sioux Falls(and the rest of South Dakota) awaits your arrival!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:38 PM

The packers come Monday and the mover take it all away Tuesday. Depending on how long they take to deliver will tell when we will get to Sioux Falls. I don't think it will be all that long. I will be sure to give an update. My wife went there the week after Thanksgiving and found us a place that she really liked. She thought the city was nice as well as the people she encountered. We are really looking forward to the move !!!

Mark...

Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,390,449 times
sound great Mark... let us know the details when you can...glad you found a good home!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 4,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Mark View Post
Well, the movers are coming on the 12th and we should be in Sioux Falls soon. I'm looking forward to it !!! I just wanted to make sure I let you all know how things have been going. Take care and I will talk to you all again soon...

Burgy, thanks for the info on the Doctors !!!

Mark...
We live on the East side and DH works just north west of downtown-Cathedral area. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to help. PM if you'd like. You'll like it here!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 AM

Thanks guys !!! The movers are here now packing things up and they will load up and move starting tomorrow. They are going to deliver to us on Friday in Sioux Falls, so I have a couple more nights with the family before we head in that direction. We are all really excited about getting on our way and starting something new. The little dude still is having ear infection issues, but is getting better. That's about it for now, so I will let you know when we get there. Talk to you all soon !!!

Mark...

Old 02-11-2008, 10:19 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times
Hi Mark, by the time you get here on Friday, the weather should be fairly decent. Today isn't a nice day at all and we're expecting several inches of snow in this direction. I heard it is supposed to come down at over an inch an hour.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:52 AM

Wow, we are expecting a few inches of snow here tonight, but nothing like that. Oh well, as long as we get there safe, it bothers me not !!!

Mark...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls