Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 09:06 PM

92 posts, read 218,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Ok, I can't let this go. In my experience the gym situation is definitely not horrible. I moved here a year ago and tried out many gyms. The one I go to now is never crowded, nor was a few others. I think you just don't like Sioux Falls--period. Maybe your problem is with the multi-use facilities. I lived in California for 35 years and talk about crowded fitness places!!! I could never find any that weren't crowded!!
Well Sioux Falls is rated #1 for Most Ripped City! Unfortunately, I am not helping our rating right now. Ha!

Strength In Numbers: 10 Ripped Cities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 06:14 PM

168 posts, read 256,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Ok, I can't let this go. In my experience the gym situation is definitely not horrible. I moved here a year ago and tried out many gyms. The one I go to now is never crowded, nor was a few others. I think you just don't like Sioux Falls--period. Maybe your problem is with the multi-use facilities. I lived in California for 35 years and talk about crowded fitness places!!! I could never find any that weren't crowded!!
What fitness places are you using that are less crowded.

Past experience with Avera Fitness on the east side and the Sanford Fitness by the mall, both were problematic if you wanted to use certain facilities or classes while other things were fairly empty. IE: the treadmills would be open during the day but classes would be over capacity.

Places like Planet Fitness etc. may be totally different.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:31 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,301,018 times
Planet Fitness and Fitness 19. The first two I even looked at. Not crowded at all. Why would you join Sanford or Avera when they are multiple times more expensive??

Old 07-16-2016, 09:32 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,301,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio2 View Post
Well Sioux Falls is rated #1 for Most Ripped City! Unfortunately, I am not helping our rating right now. Ha!

Strength In Numbers: 10 Ripped Cities
And rated highly in many other areas!!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:24 PM

71 posts, read 118,365 times
Avoid this hole. It's one of the fastest growing crime rates in the country. Sioux City is now safer in a recent study. The same Sioux City you were bashing.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:58 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,920,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay53 View Post
Avoid this hole. It's one of the fastest growing crime rates in the country. Sioux City is now safer in a recent study. The same Sioux City you were bashing.

Sioux City's less than half the size of Sioux Falls now. The crime rate in SF IS rising though, especially over the last 5 years. You can't gloss over it. It is getting worse. One major victory for the Sioux Falls police department is that they have pretty much negated any gangs getting a foothold here. Gang activity is something Sioux City has had problems with for years.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Sioux City's less than half the size of Sioux Falls now. The crime rate in SF IS rising though, especially over the last 5 years. You can't gloss over it. It is getting worse. One major victory for the Sioux Falls police department is that they have pretty much negated any gangs getting a foothold here. Gang activity is something Sioux City has had problems with for years.
Gangs? I bet that some gangs are getting foothold in Sioux Falls. They are one of the top 10 fastest growing crime communities in the United States says your own news station. Sioux Falls just had a woman shot this past weekend and they have already had 4 or 5 murders this year. Sioux City has had 1, not gang related to, it was a boyfriend who stabbed his girlfriend. Sioux City a couple years back did have some gang activity, but while your crime was going up, ours went down and we halved our homicide rate. I expect you to make a comeback in your next post, but I'm just getting back from when you were all bashing Sioux City.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Gangs? I bet that some gangs are getting foothold in Sioux Falls. They are one of the top 10 fastest growing crime communities in the United States says your own news station. Sioux Falls just had a woman shot this past weekend and they have already had 4 or 5 murders this year. Sioux City has had 1, not gang related to, it was a boyfriend who stabbed his girlfriend. Sioux City a couple years back did have some gang activity, but while your crime was going up, ours went down and we halved our homicide rate. I expect you to make a comeback in your next post, but I'm just getting back from when you were all bashing Sioux City.

The SF police department has had a gang task force for years to stop any gang activity from getting started. Individual gang members may move into the city and commit a crime, but as to whole gang criminal activity it really doesn't exist.

I really don't know why anyone tries to hold up a store in this city. With very few exceptions, they always get caught. The biggest increase has to be in violent assaults. I'm going to throw political correctness out the window and tell it like it is. When it comes to violent crime in this town, it's nearly always committed by blacks, Hispanics, or Native Americans. The Native American population nearly all the time assault each other (odd but true). As to prostitution arrests when there's a pimp involved rest assured with almost 100% certainty he's black and from out of town.

The city is growing at an alarming rate as is towns around it like Harrisburg and Brandon. Comparing our crime rate with that of a much smaller Sioux City is getting to be a reach.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
The SF police department has had a gang task force for years to stop any gang activity from getting started. Individual gang members may move into the city and commit a crime, but as to whole gang criminal activity it really doesn't exist.

I really don't know why anyone tries to hold up a store in this city. With very few exceptions, they always get caught. The biggest increase has to be in violent assaults. I'm going to throw political correctness out the window and tell it like it is. When it comes to violent crime in this town, it's nearly always committed by blacks, Hispanics, or Native Americans. The Native American population nearly all the time assault each other (odd but true). As to prostitution arrests when there's a pimp involved rest assured with almost 100% certainty he's black and from out of town. Sioux city also has a very good and militarized police force. About every shooting we solve too.

The city is growing at an alarming rate as is towns around it like Harrisburg and Brandon. Comparing our crime rate with that of a much smaller Sioux City is getting to be a reach.
First off you look at Sioux City like its Le Mars. Sioux City's metropolitan area is actually bigger than Sioux Falls area if you minus the cities populations. Sioux Falls metro 228,000 Sioux City metro 170,000. Also is blaming the people from out of town all the locals do. Literally others have said the exact same thing when asked about why Sioux Falls crime is rising. You cant just blame the Hispanics or blacks for all your crime. Sioux city has twice as many Hispanics as Sioux Falls by the way. Sioux City 15,0000 Sioux Falls 7,600. Sioux City has crime come for out of town too. All cities do, not just Sioux Falls. I don't care how good your gang task force is, that wont change the fact that crime in Sioux Falls is rising more than about any other city. I mean you say that your police department is winning but the facts show otherwise.

Last edited by Shay53; 08-04-2016 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: forgot to put column

Old 08-04-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
First off you look at Sioux City like its Le Mars. Sioux City's metropolitan area is actually bigger than Sioux Falls area if you minus the cities populations. Sioux Falls metro 228,000 Sioux City metro 170,000. Also is blaming the people from out of town all the locals do. Literally others have said the exact same thing when asked about why Sioux Falls crime is rising. You cant just blame the Hispanics or blacks for all your crime. Sioux city has twice as many Hispanics as Sioux Falls by the way. Sioux City 15,0000 Sioux Falls 7,600. Sioux City has crime come for out of town too. All cities do, not just Sioux Falls. I don't care how good your gang task force is, that wont change the fact that crime in Sioux Falls is rising more than about any other city. I mean you say that your police department is winning but the facts show otherwise.

You've got some outdated census figures. According to what's considered the "metro" area by the experts in the biz, Sioux City's estimated metro area in 2016 is 168,714
https://www.google.com/#q=Sioux+City+metro+population

and Sioux Fall's metro area is 251,854 https://www.google.com/#q=Sioux+Falls+metro+population

That's a substantial population difference of over 83,000 (it's like another city the size of Sioux City). With the only towns even within 5 miles of SF being Harrisburg, Brandon, and Tea any rise in the crime rates that's recorded, especially when it comes to violent crimes, rest assured are from within the Sioux Falls city limits. These are 3 pretty squeaky clean towns. Can you say the same about North Sioux City and South Sioux City in relation to Sioux City itself?

If you haven't noticed, I've been agreeing with you about the sudden spike in crimes in Sioux Falls being problematic, but to compare our situation as if we're an identical sized city as Sioux City doesn't hold water anymore. Our spike in crime is due to a recent influx of people from other parts of the country. South Dakota now has the lowest jobless rate in the nation, most of which are around the Sioux Falls area. There are $ 15.00 to $ 16.00 per hour starting wage jobs all over the city IF YOU CAN PASS AN ONGOING DRUG TEST.

Last edited by jmgg; 08-04-2016 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls