U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2020, 10:25 AM

6,282 posts, read 2,794,889 times

Advertisements

So is our meat supply contaminated?

{Sioux Falls, SD, mayor closes meat plant because 350 employees sick with CV19}

Sioux Falls, SD, approaches shelter-in-place 4/14/2020. City Council bypasses Governor.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO.com) -- A "stay at home" ordinance for the city of Sioux Falls passed its first legal hurdle Wednesday.

The Sioux Falls City Council passed a first reading of the ordinance unanimously, despite several councilors expressing serious concerns. The ordinance will be up for final adoption Tuesday.

[mod cut]

Full article can be found at:

https://kfgo.com/2020/04/16/62917/

Last edited by volosong; 04-17-2020 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: Cannot post entire article per T.O.S.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 11:24 AM

6,282 posts, read 2,794,889 times
Important Disclaimer.
This post was originally posted in the Economics forum. I did Not create this thread, did not ask for this post (#1) to be moved or created in a new thread.
I have no animosity towards SDakota, its Governor, SiouxFalls, Smithfield Foods, or any entity. The officials did what they thought best for their constituents, and in this instance I believe were the correct decisions. I do not know about the disposition of any product from this processing plant or from any other food plant. -Out of my expertise.
Original gist of this post in the Economics forum, was about the authority of officials to implement Shelter-in-place, and not about food safety.
I have requested this thread to be deleted. I could not do so.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or