Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 01:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,796 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone give me some names of apartment complexes in small towns around Sioux Falls? Like Crooks, Hartford, Tea, Baltic, Harrisburg, Brandon, even Renner or Lyons? I want to move back to Sioux Falls area, but don't want to live in Sioux Falls itself. I'm a "born and raised" country girl.

I have checked umpteen search engines and even the yellow pages @ anywho.com, and come up with nothing - only SF listings. I've checked the Argus Leader classifieds, and have found some OT listings, and did find (finally!) one apartment in Hartford through their town paper. I know there has to be more. I know Crooks has at least one, and I think even Lyons has one, but it's been years and years since I've been there.

Thanks in advance,

ralphie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 02:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,323,200 times
Diversified Property Management, Tea, SD : Reviews and maps - Yahoo Local

Hopefully someone from Sx. Falls or that area will have more specific info for you.

I like Tea so I checked on that and found this company that manages apartments there. It seems like there are some on the Sx. Falls side of Tea, but I can't think of what they're called. Maybe the people at the above link have some info on them?

www.leisurelivingsd.com by SDC

Here's a site in Hartford. I'm sorry. I know you're looking for specific names and reviews and addys, but maybe you can garner just a bit of info from the above.

AND welcome to the forum.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:27 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,391,198 times
Earlier this year, I picked up a Sioux Empire Renter's Guide that they have at groceries store, gas stations, etc. These are just the ones that are listed in that guide...I'm sure there are plenty more
Brandon - Redwood Court, Eagle Creek, Teakwood, Split Rock
Crooks - L & J Twinhomes (not really apartments)
Hartford - West Oaks Estates, Deer Hollow
Tea - Main Avenue, Parkside
Harrisburg - Jackson Heights (under construction, leasing now)... I know there are more, but they aren't listed

I'm pretty sure Renner and Lyons do not have apartments, but I could be wrong.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:12 PM

Thank you both. This helps a lot. I'm heading to Sioux Falls this weekend, I'll be sure to pick up one of those Renter's Guides.

Ya know, I grew up not all that far from Renner, and I've never been there. I know Crooks has at least one apartment building/complex - they don't look all that enticing from the outside. Plus, they're right smack on the highway that runs through town. I'm picky - I want a patio where I can walk right out onto the grass, and a place not so near a highway I can hear every car/truck that drives by. (Unlike where I live now.) I vaguely remember some sort of apartment-type building in Lyons when I went to school there, but that was 20+ years ago. It may not have even been apartments - my brain cells ain't what they used to be. Lyons is pretty small to be having apartments - you blink, you miss the town, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

Thanks for the welcome!

ralphie

Old 05-26-2008, 11:17 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,323,200 times
Yea, well~none of us are as sharp as we used to be.

MJ, thank you for coming to the rescue once again.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:34 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,391,198 times
ralphie, you can pick up one of those renters guides at HyVee or Sunshine Foods. They are usually on a rack right when you walk in near all the carts... Good luck on your search!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 AM

Thanks, mj!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls