Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,312 times

Advertisements

Welcome to South Dakota, kaohinani. Good luck with your interviews and moving to South Dakota.

With winter stuff in the car. I usually have a shovel, jumper cables, and a blanket in the car. I may have more if needed.

There is a variety of seasons here and it is what I like about the Upper Midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 AM

41 posts, read 131,922 times
Mahalo everyone. We are getting so excited about the move. My husband is a safety manager for Monsanto so he know all about the winter car kits. He already has a list for me. I am looking forward to my first real winter, snow on christmas, using a fireplace. Oh yeah by the way, where do you get wood for the fireplace? Here we could just get if from the side of the road in one of the forests, but there??? Do you have to go to like a hardware store?? HMMMM all so new to me. What fun !!!! He has to be there by the 22nd of September so Sioux Falls, here we come.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,312 times
Most of the homes in the Upper Midwest are heated by natural gas and others by electric heat (often in apartments). A person can find firewood in hardware stores and Hy-Vee (a local grocery store chain) sells firewood also.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:55 AM

Thanks Chris. Having to buy firewood, that is so foreign to me. It is so abundant here.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 PM

21 posts, read 101,138 times
I live near there and it is beautiful with plenty of things to do an see. It is definitely a change from hawaii, but it is still nice

Old 08-20-2008, 11:30 PM

Thanks, bellapria, everyone other than all of you on this site, is soooo, "do you know HOW COLD it is????" Duh, yes I do, am I ready?? We'll just have to see.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:01 PM

193 posts, read 786,093 times
Welcome soon to Sioux Falls!!! It is a great city. With fall coming soon, you will love it as it cools off and the colors and sunsets are beautiful. Like you have mentioned on your previous post, we should all plan a get-together sometime in Sioux Falls. People are really nice, but in the wintertime the only time you'll see or talk to your neighbors is when you have to blow the snow off your driveway.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 PM

I already have plans to have a hula snow gal in my front yard. Maybe if you guys look around you will find me.. Tah Dah !!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 AM

OK everyone, we are ready to go, the movers have come and as of now all of my belongings are somewhere on the Pacific Ocean. We leave here on the 18th and arrive in Sioux Falls on the afternoon of the 19th. We are soooo excited, what are somethings we should do first??? Any idea's, oh yes and what about banks, anyone with any suggestions as to where we should do our banking? Looking for convenience and services. Wish us luck !!

Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 AM

230 posts, read 626,246 times
Well, good luck with the move and I hope all is safe for you and yours. I don't bank locally, so I can't help there. What to do first ?? Take a break and relax, because after a move of that capacity, you will be exhausted and Sioux Falls isn't going anywhere !!!

Seriously, I hope you come to find all the happiness that my family has since moving to Sioux Falls !!! Good luck !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls