Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,383,215 times

Advertisements

I bank at Wells Fargo, but I know of quite a few people who bank at Great Western Bank and Sioux Falls Federal Credit Union.
US Bank and First National Bank would be two other ones to consider too.
Good Luck on your move!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:33 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,886,102 times
Sioux Falls has a number of banks and credit unions to chose from. Wells Fargo and US Bank are the nationwide banks. Great Western is a prominent bank in the Midwest. Each have multiple locations.

Other regional banks inlcude Minnwest and MetaBank. Sioux Falls has a lot of banks based there or are branches of other South Dakota banks. First Bank & Trust (based in Brookings, 3 locations in SF), Dacotah Bank (Aderdeen-based, 4 locations), First Dakota National Bank (based in Yankton, 2 locations in SF), CorTrust Bank (SF-based, multiple locations), Home Federal Bank (Based in SF, multiple locations), First National Bank-Sioux Falls (Based in SF, multiple locations), are all decent. There are other banks unmentioned which are smaller banks worth considering. I have heard good things about CorTrust Bank and First Dakota.

There are several prominent credit unions: Service First FCU, Sioux Falls FCU, and Sioux Empire FCU. Each of these have several branches throughout town.

Ones that I would choose would be First Bank & Trust, First Dakota, and CorTrust. I like the South Dakota based banks and these banks are big enough to offer enough services but with the personal touch.

Also, good luck with the move and welcome to Sioux Falls.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 AM

41 posts, read 131,212 times
Mahalo everyone. We are so very excited to be going. The weather forecast looks very promising. I hope that I can sleep my last night here. We will be busy on friday, but look forward to exploring on the weekend before my husband has to go to work the following monday. I guess I will have to go on my own after that to make myself comfortable in the city. thanks again guys.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:22 AM

509 posts, read 1,343,275 times
If you guys are looking for a great real estate agent, message me, she's working with my wife and I to buy a new townhome in Harrisburg. She has been great to work with and a very friendly person overall.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:39 AM

34 posts, read 93,825 times
Good Luck guys with the move! I wish you all the best. When my wife and I visited Sioux Falls at the beginning of the month, we opened an account at Wells Fargo, my wife really likes their bank. Other than that, I can't offer any help regarding banking. Again, have a safe trip and we'll be following you on October 13th...only we'll be driving our cars to Sioux Falls, so we'll get there a few days later. Good Luck!!

Old 09-25-2008, 02:23 PM

We made it !!!!! We love it here. We have moved into our new house that we bought. We like it. Our things wont get here for another week or so, but our nice neighbor has lent us a card table and 2 chairs, so we have that and a bed. But it will do till we get our things. We did go to a few garage sales and have gotten a couple of plates and such. So far so good. I did open our bank account with Wells Fargo, they seemed nice enough. We wanted to go to Mitchell this coming saturday, but looks like our cars are going to be arriving so, no road trip. Maybe on sunday???
Everyone we have met here are very nice, we are very happy with our decision. We have gotten back on our schedule of going to the gym everyday also. That was nice. Anything else I should know about Sioux Falls. How do you guys drive in the dark when it snows, how can you see the lines on the road????? Just a thought. Mahalo everyone..... Keep in touch. I dont have a job yet, so lots of time on my hands.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:44 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,383,215 times
Thats great to hear, kaohinani!
Speaking of going to the gym, that's one thing that I've been slacking on lately...
Usually they will plow the roads quickly after a snow. Sometime you can't see the lines, you just have to follow the tracks. Sioux Falls is pretty good about getting their streets plowed quickly.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:48 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,274,001 times
I'm so glad you made it. That had to be a LONG trip. It's funny cause I was just wondering about you today.

So what do you think so far?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:24 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,886,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaohinani View Post
We made it !!!!! We love it here. We have moved into our new house that we bought. We like it. Our things wont get here for another week or so, but our nice neighbor has lent us a card table and 2 chairs, so we have that and a bed. But it will do till we get our things. We did go to a few garage sales and have gotten a couple of plates and such. So far so good. I did open our bank account with Wells Fargo, they seemed nice enough. We wanted to go to Mitchell this coming saturday, but looks like our cars are going to be arriving so, no road trip. Maybe on sunday???
Everyone we have met here are very nice, we are very happy with our decision. We have gotten back on our schedule of going to the gym everyday also. That was nice. Anything else I should know about Sioux Falls. How do you guys drive in the dark when it snows, how can you see the lines on the road????? Just a thought. Mahalo everyone..... Keep in touch. I dont have a job yet, so lots of time on my hands.
It is good that you made your trip to Sioux Falls well and hope it works out well for you. We drive in the dark when it snows. People often drive a little slower and watch the road more carefully. The headlights will help. If you drive in town, it will be easier from a wind and road maintenance standpoint but you have more people to look out for (there are a few that too careless on the snow and ice). If you drive slow and do not turn, brake, or accelate rapidly (instead doing those gradually or slowly, depending on how severe the snow is) it should help.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:57 AM

We are doing great. Our cars made it in good shape, we went to Mitchell and visited the corn palace, and Cabela's (of course), then maybe next wekend we will go to Omaha... How nice to be able to just drive and drive, and drive. Our container of household things dont arrive for another day or so. Too bad. I am really bored. i just go to the Falls Cafe at Falls park and use their internet, since ours is not hooked up yet.
Everyone we have met is sooo friendly. I will start me new job at Avera McKennon on monday the 6th with Dr. Harvison?? I am really happy to be getting that job. Anyone know him. I have been trying real hard not to stop and eat at all the good food places available here, OMG, sooooo many. I really liked Famous Daves BBQ. So many restaurants, so little time and money.
I feel like this is home for me, and so soon after being here, everything so close to home. So convenient. Thanks guys... Are we getting together ?????? Maybe a picnic at Falls Park before it gets toooooo cold???? I heard it is beautiful in the winter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls