Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM

54 posts, read 56,124 times

Advertisements

What are the income based rentals in and around Sioux Falls? We are moving there early next year and a friend suggested we get on a waiting list already so when we get there we can go ahead and have a place waiting for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM

697 posts, read 1,282,076 times
don't take it wrong but why are you moving to SD if you have to ask about low income rentals? are you not planning to work? most of us people from SD work hard for a living and pay our way thru life

Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 PM

193 posts, read 678,198 times
Low income rentals ARE for working people, just people with lower incomes. The rent isn't free, it's just reduced. Old Man, have you ever tried paying $700 month rent on minimum wage? It's not easy if even possible! We have the rentals, so why not be a little more welcoming

Some rentals may be listed here:
Sioux Falls Apartments, Houses, and Homes Rental

Costello has alot of subsidized housing choices:
Costello Property Management & Apartments

Even just try googling "sioux falls sd / low income housing"
Your friend is right, though, they all have 6 month to 1 year waiting lists.
Best wishes

Old 09-28-2010, 10:17 AM

sorry but most people who want to move somewhere usally ask questions about jobs, wages, school, entertainment, cost of living ect... first, not how to get on low income housing--- I will always welcome people who want to earn their way thru life but not on my tax $$--- sorry but thats the kind of guy I am

Old 09-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
don't take it wrong but why are you moving to SD if you have to ask about low income rentals? are you not planning to work? most of us people from SD work hard for a living and pay our way thru life
Yes in fact we are planning on working but we are leaving here with about 3500$ hopefully and that's it. Plan on working but if things are like they are down here 8$ an hour ain't gonna get us a regular place to live.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM

171 posts, read 670,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
sorry but most people who want to move somewhere usally ask questions about jobs, wages, school, entertainment, cost of living ect... first, not how to get on low income housing--- I will always welcome people who want to earn their way thru life but not on my tax $$--- sorry but thats the kind of guy I am
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think its people like you that give states like South Dakota a bad image to people who don't know how great of a state it is.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 AM

I think by asking a very honest question is not giving people the wrong veiw of SD. South Dakotans are known for having a work ethic second to none. We want people to move here if they are ambitious(sp) and want to make a better life for themselves. we don't need any more people who want to live off the working tax paying citizens- we have enough who don't and do not need any more-- in the words of Forrest Gump-- have a nice day

Iliketoread-- please move here if you like- every one I know would welcome you with open arms and big smile especially if you like to work hard and attempt to give back to whatever community you decide to live in

Old 09-29-2010, 05:29 PM

The reason I asked for income based places because right now my wife makes 8$ an hour and I can't find work so basing it off that I am assuming we will need low income housing when we get there unless incomes are better and rent is cheaper than Western NC/NorthEast Ga area

Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 AM

Truck Driver. anything except the big trucks don't have the license for that.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 AM

peice of advice for you, get your SD CDL right away because we have a lot of grain haulers up here that seem to be always needing drivers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls