Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 PM

343 posts, read 1,085,123 times

Advertisements

KDLT Sioux Falls Television

Canaries Clinch American Associaiton Title!
by KDLT Sports

The Canaries got a bases loaded single from patrick Reilly in the 12th inning to beat Grand Prairie 5-4 at the Bird Cage Friday night, clinching their first ever American Association title. Early homer runs from Will Smith and Josh Patton along with a home run saving catch from Ben Van Iderstine helped the Birds take a 4-1 lead into the late innings behind Pat Mahomes.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! GO CANARIES! Now, I have a favor to ask of anyone living in Sioux Falls. Could someone get me a copy of Saturday's Argus-Leader, and send it to me? I want to commemorate this joyous ocassion. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times
Thats awesome! I was wondering how the Canaries did.
I can do that for you... Just PM me with your address and I'll be happy to send the paper to you.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,569 times
It is great to see a hometown minor league team win. The Canaries had qutie a few trying seasons since 1993 and the victory in the Amercian Association is great. A good reason to celebrate.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 PM

I'd like to hear Marcian's report on the game, since they got to go to the game. I'd think attendance would be much higher for this one compared to Thursday night (only 2,029). It would be a shame if the attendance number was anything below a sell-out. What else was going on tonight? The only thing I could think of was something maybe at the comedy club, but Nitwits closed (Which is really a shame considering they brought in people like Tommy Chong and Bobcat Goldwaithe)

Old 09-06-2008, 12:09 AM

Canaries capture championship | argusleader.com | Argus Leader

Canaries capture championship
Birds defeat Airhogs 5-4 in 12 innings to win AA title
September 5, 2008

An infield single by Patrick Reilly in the 12th inning lifted the Canaries to an American Association championship series title Friday night at the Birdcage.

Sports for Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa

Canaries Win American Association Championship

Patrick Reilly singled through the right side with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 12th inning to lift the Sioux Falls Canaries to a 5-4 win over the Grand Prairie AirHogs on Friday night in Sioux Falls. The victory sealed the American Association League Championship, with the Canaries winning the Best-of-Five Series three games to one.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicsFan93 View Post
I'd like to hear Marcian's report on the game, since they got to go to the game. I'd think attendance would be much higher for this one compared to Thursday night (only 2,029). It would be a shame if the attendance number was anything below a sell-out. What else was going on tonight? The only thing I could think of was something maybe at the comedy club, but Nitwits closed (Which is really a shame considering they brought in people like Tommy Chong and Bobcat Goldwaithe)
The attendance was only 2,139 not much higher?! And what about sell out??!! I did listen to the game on the Internet, too bad for Airhogs, but they are an expansion team, not like the Birds?!!! See you next year

Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 PM

http://media.ksfy.com/images/canaries%20hoist%20trophy.JPG (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls