Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,391,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Oh, I love cobblestone streets. They make a town seem so pretty and cozy.
Jammie, Have you driven down the cobblestone part of 6th Street near downtown SF? It's right west of the police department and Minnehaha County Administration building. It's kinda fun too... as you're driving east on 6th, it looks like you're going off a cliff, and then you hit the cobblestone on the downside of the hill! This entertained me a few times, driving fast .

Speaking of ulcers, UGH. If you've never had one, thank your lucky stars!
I know this is in the starting stages! I agree the economy is in a bad state, but this will become reality, in time. It won't happen over night, of course. It will take years. Sioux Falls, and South Dakota in general, are bucking the national trend... for now. The city is growing.

Last edited by MJ1986; 09-11-2008 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 06:12 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,325,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
Jammie, Have you driven down the cobblestone part of 6th Street near downtown SF? It's right west of the police department and Minnehaha County Administration building. It's kinda fun too... as you're driving east on 6th, it looks like you're going off a cliff, and then you hit the cobblestone on the downside of the hill! This entertained me a few times, driving fast .

Speaking of ulcers, UGH. If you've never had one, thank your lucky stars!
I know this is in the starting stages! I agree the economy is in a bad state, but this will become reality, in time. It won't happen over night, of course. It will take years. Sioux Falls, and South Dakota in general, are bucking the national trend... for now. The city is growing.

No, but I'll write that down cause we'll HAVE to do it the next time we go over there. Our trips to Sx. Falls are pretty much limited to going to Falls Park (which we love) or going to the airport, to one of the hospitals, or going to the fairgrounds. Most of the people over here love going over there for shopping, but I'm not a shopper so we don't generally even go to the Mall. DH knows his way around Sx. Falls a bit, but I'm lost there.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:59 AM

2,398 posts, read 5,391,563 times
I'm not a shopper either and I hate crowds... I will actually drive across town to the Walmart out on Arrowhead Parkway to get stuff... way less people.
Although I will say that when I lived with my parents, a trip to Sioux Falls was a big thing... So exciting that it would keep me up at night. Now that I've lived here for over 4 years, I rarely go to the Empire Mall.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,897,721 times
I often go to the east-side Wal-Mart for the same reason. Although, I think that Sioux Falls can easily support one or two more. It was a bummer that they held off on plans to build a store in the northwest corner of town near Flying J (due to them scaling down expansion plans and a slowdown for their sales). I am excited about the likely coming of a Best Buy and Target on the east side and will go to them along with Wal-Mart every so often. If Kohls, JC Penny's, Scheels, and/or Old Navy open on that part of town, that would be great. I like Omaha and Colorado Sprigns for the fact that if one store does not have a certain item/size, then one can check another location. If Sioux Falls has more options in the future, a number of people may be less inclined to go to Omaha. I see plenty of Sioux Falls-area cars on I-29, between Sioux City and Omaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls