Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 PM

106 posts, read 344,502 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiousity, what would you like to see be either built or incorporated into Sioux Falls, such as:
- Grocery Stores
- Restaurants
- Businesses
- Airlines
- Stores
- Events Center (had to put that one in )

Etc. Etc. you get the point. For me, I would like to see:

Some better looking affordable homes. There needs to be something else besides Multi-Level and Split level homes and people need to keep their yards mowed and cleared off so it doesnt look like its foreclosed!

As far as businesses go:
- Meijer (SuperMarket in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois)
- Kroger
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Puma Brand Store
- Border's
- Rue 21
- Costco
- Whole Foods
- Marshall's
- Lowe's (As a 2nd Location)

Restaurants-
- On the Border
- Macaroni Grill
- Bob Evans
- Joey's Seafood (As a 2nd Location)
- Chevy's (As a 2nd Location)

I cant think of anymore, but if i do i will add them.

Airlines -
- Frontier Airlines (Denver)
- Midwest Airlines (Milwaukee, Kansas City)
- Southwest Airlines (Chicago, Denver, Washington, Orlando, Las Vegas)
- Northwest to (Detroit, Memphis) *Already have Minneapolis

Events Center -
- 14,000 Downtown Events Center
- 12-15 Story Adjacent Hotel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 09:56 AM

38 posts, read 188,015 times
I'd love to have a Jamba Juice in the area. I'd also like to see a Chipotle come in a duke it out with Qdoba.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,928,301 times
Very good post, fsdflyer.

I would like to see Frontier, Southwest, and American for airlines. Frontier would be nice. It would be nice to fly to Denver on the cheap in Sioux Falls instead of having to drive to Omaha to do so. American would be nice for a southern destination, although Dallas or another southern destination would be nice.

I would have to second the 2nd Lowes, Dick's, Borders, and Costco. The idea of Bob Evans makes me hungry. I make a point to eat there when I go through Missouri.

I would like to see a second JC Penney's, third Wal-Mart (the two are busy, the west one is horribly busy on a Saturday), and a few more Sonics. A Red Robin or two would be nice to have and would do very well in SF. I love eating there and their food is good for a sit-down place. I would like to see a Steak N Shake come. They are common in areas such as Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, etc.

A second Buffalo Wild Wings would be nice. Their food is good and a good location would be in Dawley Farm area or near the mall.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
I'd love to have a Jamba Juice in the area. I'd also like to see a Chipotle come in a duke it out with Qdoba.
I agree with the Chitople idea. Chitople is awesome and affordable too. I like them better than Qdoba.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 AM

106 posts, read 344,502 times
Chipotle would be really nice on the east side. I would definetly use them instead of Qdoba, but if im on the west side i would go to Qdoba.

BTW, I didnt know that Dunn Brothers Coffee only has one location in Sioux Falls, and its on Arrowhead. The strip mall with HuHot in front of Menards on Arrowhead is seeing its ups and downs. Hu Hot is doing good, but the Party Store just closed and Coldstone Creamery (which i absolutely expected to close) also closed.

I honestly think the strip mall will come alive again next spring, summer, and fall once DFV comes alive. However, is it me or is Sioux Falls just being overflowed with strip malls? Like some on Louise Avenue south of 69th Street and some one 12th Street west of Downtown, and even the strip mall north of Lincoln High which honestly was NOT the smartest place to put that big of a strip mall.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:29 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,723,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
I agree with the Chitople idea. Chitople is awesome and affordable too. I like them better than Qdoba.
Chipotle's alright but it doesn't even compare to Qdoba! Qdoba's queso is to die for! I eat Qdoba probably twice a week and my favorite one is right here in Rapid City even though it's always busy. I've been to the one on Louise in SF and there was no one there and the service was crappy.

Try the one on Mountain View in Rapid City, you won't be disappointed!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:31 PM

400 posts, read 1,239,062 times
I would love to see Jimmy John's expand their delivery zone. There's one on 26th & Minnesota and another on Benson & Cliff -- I live near Main & Russell, neither one delivers here, figure that one out.
A 3rd Walmart would be great, the one on Arrowhead is getting nearly as crazy as the other, I won't even go in the one on the south side.
Airlines, any one that would make it cheaper to get south cuz prices are crazy and you have transfers and layovers that will turn your hair gray.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM

A new events center would be nice. The current arena has served our city for forty years (was built when Sioux Falls was 60,000 people) and it is time to build a new events center that is suitable for a growing Sioux Falls. Downtown or near the existing arena are good ideas and each has their pros and cons. A larger hotel will be nice and will make the events center more attractive whether it is downtown or near the current arena and convention center.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,694,907 times
I would like to see some height downtown, otherwise an event center downtown would be good for the city. 2 Wal-Marts? Sheesh take some of ours! And Omaha just got a CostCo so that might still be a bit off for you up there.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:33 PM

5 posts, read 15,867 times
Default new to city-data

Hello everyone I am new to city-data and am wondering how I start a new thread..any help will be appreciated Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls