Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 05:05 PM

393 posts, read 1,066,270 times

Advertisements

Just saw this on the web.
Tough-guy movie actor beat up in Sioux Falls bar | argusleader.com | Argus Leader

Sounds like an interesting bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 05:56 PM

65 posts, read 272,127 times
Default Unfortuante

I wonder what really happened.I honestly don't think Jones had too many friends there to back up his story, and these guys might have been trying to get famous over this.

I have a friend who used to play for the Philadelphia Eagles (respectfully, I won't mention his name), and it seems like everywhere we went, trouble was always looking for him -- due to his on-the-field reputation.The odds are, these locals are going to stick together (like most friends understandably do) and blame Jones for the ruckus, but we will probably never know the truth -- for sure.

Interesting story though.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:06 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,599,736 times
You are right. I wonder what the whole story is. Was MR. Jones transmitting when he should have been receiving? (one of my dad's famous lines)

Old 12-06-2008, 08:51 PM

Hard to say... It could be either way. I used to have somewhat of a reputation many years ago and have some experience with that kind of thing. 99.9% of the time, people left me alone but there were always comments... There was a time I couldn't go anywhere in the Tampa Bay area without someone knowing who I was. My friends used to get a big kick out of it. I swear I was once on a plane flying to Missoula Montana from North Carolina years after that time in my life and a guy walking down the aisle asked me "Hey you're that Karate guy aren't you?". My Mom said "I would have never believed it if I didn't just see that!~"...

Fights are easy to get into if you are in the wrong place and the wrong time, but they are actually just as easy to get out of for the most part. When challenged, I always calmly smiled as big as I could and said "Ok, right here or outside?". It always unnerved them enough to back down, except once...

I'm more of a lover than a fighter anyways...

Last edited by blackhillsdreams; 12-06-2008 at 09:31 PM..

Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,669,676 times
BH I feel like we've all gotten to know you a little more! I've see Vinnie Jones in a few movies. He played for Manchester United too, which is Britain's, if not Europe's, best league. What the flip was he doing in Sioux Falls???

Old 12-06-2008, 11:25 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,392,271 times
Danny, I think that he was in SF to hunt.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 AM

509 posts, read 1,345,354 times
If I'm right the other guy in the fight is a 'sort-of' well known dirt track racer around here.....I think he went to high school where I did and I think I remember hearing he was kind of a hot head.....I'm not sure if its the same one though....There are a bunch of Bickett's in that area.....

Old 12-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
BH I feel like we've all gotten to know you a little more!
That was 20 years ago...

Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM

22 posts, read 152,793 times
The bar is Wiley's. I was there the night after this happened, from the stories I heard it was Mr. Jones arguing with these guys because they didn't recognize him from any other movies besides X Men. Apparently it was happening all night and he must have gotten pushed over the edge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls