Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:34 PM

13 posts, read 37,474 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I posted a few months back about trying to convince my wife to move to Sioux Falls. I got a lot of great responses - Thank you.

We are coming out in a few weeks to check out the town and plan to spend a day looking at houses. Can anyone recommend a good realtor? What would be especially helpful would be someone very charismatic that can help "sell" Sioux Falls as a town in addition to showing properties. We are mainly interested in the McKennan Park area or similar areas that have more of a neighborhood feel. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 PM

106 posts, read 344,589 times
I would say anyone from the HJN Sioux Falls team. Dan O'Hara is a very good realtor, and so is the Kneip Team. I would definetly go with Dan O'Hara or one of the Kneip's, i have heard great reviews of them. Or anyone at Hegg realtors too!

Old 01-07-2009, 04:35 PM

509 posts, read 1,350,750 times
I personally worked with Carrie Pederson from Hegg Realtors when I bought my house in November and she was a very nice and helpful person. I'd recommend her.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:32 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiegotoSF View Post
Hello Everyone,
I posted a few months back about trying to convince my wife to move to Sioux Falls. I got a lot of great responses - Thank you.

We are coming out in a few weeks to check out the town and plan to spend a day looking at houses. Can anyone recommend a good realtor? What would be especially helpful would be someone very charismatic that can help "sell" Sioux Falls as a town in addition to showing properties. We are mainly interested in the McKennan Park area or similar areas that have more of a neighborhood feel. Thank you.
I have heard that Hegg is good. I have also heard good things about this agency:
SIOUX FALLS SOUTH DAKOTA - SIOUX FALLS Homes and Real Estate For Sale - RealtorĀ®
Good luck! Let us know how the trip went!

Old 01-08-2009, 11:47 AM

193 posts, read 786,962 times
I have my house for sale right now. Are you interested in it??? (It's on the southeast side of Sioux Falls, not McKennan Park) We just listed it yesterday. I have worked with several of the above named realtors in the past years whether it be I bought or sold real estate through them.
We recently listed our house with Scott Stearns through The Real Estate Company. The reason we chose to go with him is because he is real attentive to your needs, calls you back right away if you leave a message for him, and is casual yet professional.
I hate to say anything bad about any realtor in Sioux Falls, so I will just keep my mouth shut about some of the previous mentioned realtors.
Some other realtors we've had good experiences with are Reed Johnson with HJN, Tony Ratchford from Hegg, and LaVerta Christianson with The Real Estate Company.
You can look up all the houses in Sioux Falls through the website, www.homeviewsiouxfalls.com Good luck in your decision!!
When you say you're looking for someone "charismatic", I think you should choose either LaVerta Christianson or Scott Stearns out of the people I've mentioned.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 PM

77 posts, read 251,101 times
So funny! We are doing the exact same thing next weekend and are having a Realtor show us around Sioux Falls, specifically the McKennan Park area. I've done some looking on homeviewsiouxfalls.com and there aren't a ton of historic or older homes for sale. So many of the houses in Sioux Falls are ranch or split-levels in new or less developed neighborhoods. The other main area that we've considered is the Cathedral District, but have heard bad things about the surrounding areas. The guy showing us around is Bryce from Town-n-Country, who was recommended to us by someone from SF. Hopefully we don't fall in love with the same house!

Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 AM

Thank you for the advice everyone. I did meet with someone about a year ago that I liked. Now that I think about it, he was with HJN although I can't remember his name. We aren't in the market yet but hopefully will be in a few months. I let everyone know how it goes.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:21 PM

What is your price range? How many beds/baths are you looking for? I know you are focusing on the inner city (inside the interstates) but there are some really nice, good priced houses on the southeast side of town for sale that I know of.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:01 PM

I admit we're not to that point yet, but probably in the 600-800K range, 3-4 BR. I'm going to have a hard time convincing her to move there, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I'm hoping to find some neighborhoods that have more of a community feel. We looked at Prairie Hills last year and she hated it: no trees, obnoxiously large houses, nothing within walking distance. I don't want to offend anyone that lives there, it's just not for us. We would much rather live in a neighborhood with parks, restaurants, etc within walking distance. I realize that walking distance to downtown is probably a bit much to hope for, but that would be ideal. Thanks.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:05 PM

You are going to get more 5 & 6 Bedrooms in the 600K to 800K range I guess. I was looking and there are some nice 3 Bedroom houses in the 180's-280's near 57th & Cliff which is very developed.

Also near 85th & Louise there are some developments over there. Here is a neighborhood called Tuscan Club Estates that has houses from 300K-700K all styled with Tuscan brick and stuff.
www.tuscanclubestates.com (http://www.tuscanclubestates.com - broken link)

But again, 57th & Cliff has some nice, medium/large houses for a good value for what you get, plus there are atleast 5-7 Parks in that area alone which is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: