Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times

Advertisements

The congestion in Sioux Falls was unreal on Saturday. It seemed like it took forever to get from place to place on 41st St. and Louise between 41st and 49th St. There were a few idiot drivers on the loose. In one instance, I got over into a different lane to pass a slower car and the slower car pulled in front of me. I was going speed limit. Then, I pulled over into another lane and the slower driver jerked in my direction (in front of me) real quick and I passed him. Good grief, some people's deficiency of the concept of traffic flow is something else in my opinion.

The second shopping area will definitely help. In my opinion, Sioux Falls should have pushed a second shopping area ten years ago. It will be nice to have a second Target and Kohls and will help with selection of products (if one Target or Kohls lack an item I am looking for, I can go to the one across town).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 02:36 PM

400 posts, read 1,237,994 times
Apparently I need to get out more, and pay more attention. The only Walmart or Menards I will go to is the east ones, I avoid 41st like the plague. And I have never noticed new stores going up.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 PM

Even with the new eastside stuff going up, I will do most of my shopping west of town since that is the most convenient area and part of SF that enter into. But I may do shopping on the east end every now and then for something different.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:43 PM

106 posts, read 344,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
Even with the new eastside stuff going up, I will do most of my shopping west of town since that is the most convenient area and part of SF that enter into. But I may do shopping on the east end every now and then for something different.
Same here, however we will probably start going to the new Target and Kohl's more often than the westside one. But no matter what the west side locations wont lose business because the west side of town is growing at an amazing pace. This will help keep East Side Target/Kohls/etc. shoppers out of the west side of town to ease up the traffic congestion.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 AM

509 posts, read 1,349,272 times
I think the west side will still be busy and you probably won't notice much of a difference because people want to go to the mall....

Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM

400 posts, read 1,237,994 times
Just thought I'd share this one: We have lived in Sioux Falls for just about 6 years and I have managed to only go to the mall 5 times. I go to the stores that I can get to from the parking lots, but only in the mall central hallways? 5 times. I'm So Proud.
Hate crowds, can you tell???

Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM

The mall area will still be busy, due it convenience for out-of-town visitors and customers from places such as Mitchell, Aberdeen, Vermillion, Yankton, Pierre, and even in nearby places such as Lennox, Parker, Tea, and Harrisburg.

The eastside will accommodate the growth of the city and will cater to some of the Iowa and Minnesota shoppers along with those from Brandon, Garretson, etc.

It will be nice, nonetheless.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,407,849 times
Snowbird, you sound like me... Why shop on Saturday? And I live in SF, but I haven't been to the mall in probably 8-10 months.
but Chris has a good point. The mall has shops in it that won't be on the east-side development.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:45 PM

I drove by the Target today and most of the walls are up with a few rafters on top. There is a set of contruction equipment parked on the opposite end of the main set of stores (north end-Target is the south anchor). I am getting excited already.

The drier weather conditions certainly help with the construction work, although it could warm up. If they would have done it last year, it would have been tougher. If the weather is a little drier this year, it would help with the timeline of the project and maybe the Target can get done early. Just have to wait and see.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,281 times
I just came across these posts and thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in. I lived in Denver up until 6 years ago when I moved to Sioux Falls. I've been waiting ever since for a Red Robin and Chick-Fil-A to show up and nothing. Both are in Sioux City if anyone is interested. Chick-Fil-A is in the mall and Red Robin in the development east of the mall. Everytime I go through Sioux City I make a point of stopping. That being said we need both here, especially Red Robin. I emailed them a few months ago and they said they will look into it. Sioux Falls is one of the beter off cities in the country right now with the lowest unemployment, homes are still being built, hotels are still being built and everyone is still eatting out. With the new delelopment going in on the east side it's a great opportunity for both chains to make there way into Sioux Falls. If anyone is interested in getting either one of these restaurants here email them directly. I'm sure the more emails they receive the beter chance we have of them considering it. Until then, there are Red Robin's locacted in Minneapolis (3), Sioux City(1), Omaha (3). Chick-Fil-A's located in Minneapolis (1), Sioux City(1), Omaha (1), Mankato(1).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls