Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 12:37 PM

8 posts, read 102,547 times

Advertisements

need prices on cheapest motels in sioux falls ,for weekly rates, and monthly rates.Also need the cheapest apts. prices for apts. that are all bills paid,if any. do not care if it is a bad area? Just looking for a place to live that is cheap{affordable} Also what is the price of a monthly bus pass on sioux falls transit,and are there any Labor Ready or Temp. services that have work? Thank you, thinking about moving there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 AM

6 posts, read 22,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor07 View Post
need prices on cheapest motels in sioux falls ,for weekly rates, and monthly rates.Also need the cheapest apts. prices for apts. that are all bills paid,if any. do not care if it is a bad area? Just looking for a place to live that is cheap{affordable} Also what is the price of a monthly bus pass on sioux falls transit,and are there any Labor Ready or Temp. services that have work? Thank you, thinking about moving there.
When my family and I first moved here, we stayed at Sioux Falls Inn on Russel. It was approx. 159$/wk with micro/frig/wi-fi. That's a little over 600/mo. but you only need to eat, so that's your only other bill.

There is a Labor-Ready over on Cliff Ave. I want to say Cliff and 20th area? Right on a corner there somewhere.

There are no bad neighborhoods in SF.

Not sure about the bus or apts. but I do know living is much cheaper here than a lot of other cities.

My only regret was not moving here long ago.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:01 AM

509 posts, read 1,349,664 times
It's on Cliff and 26th Street corner. There is also a Department of Labor office on 10th street just West of Cliff Ave. An area to stay away from is the Pettigrew Heights neighborhood west of downtown because thats where most of the crime happens.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:53 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,569 times
If one is willing to work and is somewhat flexible, finding a job in Sioux Falls would be easier than other areas of the country.

Another hotel to check is Nites Inn on West 12th St. There may be one or two more motels on West 12th that may rent by week or month.

I wish you the best of luck, thor07.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:17 PM

46 posts, read 120,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleySpring View Post
When my family and I first moved here, we stayed at Sioux Falls Inn on Russel. It was approx. 159$/wk with micro/frig/wi-fi. That's a little over 600/mo. but you only need to eat, so that's your only other bill.

There is a Labor-Ready over on Cliff Ave. I want to say Cliff and 20th area? Right on a corner there somewhere.

There are no bad neighborhoods in SF.

Not sure about the bus or apts. but I do know living is much cheaper here than a lot of other cities.

My only regret was not moving here long ago.
How long ago was that rate you got at the hotel? Were you there long before you found a place?

And was it clean?

That's not an option I had considered, but for the price, it's reasonable. I'm paying more than that a month in rent where I live now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
If one is willing to work and is somewhat flexible, finding a job in Sioux Falls would be easier than other areas of the country.

Another hotel to check is Nites Inn on West 12th St. There may be one or two more motels on West 12th that may rent by week or month.

I wish you the best of luck, thor07.
Flexibility is my new middle name Is that full time work? I'm a commercial framer on lay off, would like to get back doing construction work, but what I really need is full time job. 40 hrs a week. A set schedule would be nice, but not above the 40 hrs.

Rents that I've come across seem both cheap (under 400/500 dolalrs) and those with pictures look like clean, well kept places. Commuting is not a problem. Though, I haven't come across any mention of average gas prices for the area.

Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Old 11-17-2009, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,858 times
*Best Western Empire Towers* 605-361-3118
4100 w. Shirley pl
sioux falls,sd
low rates,nicest staff ,very clean, great breakfast
love this place feels like home

Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 PM

479 posts, read 1,555,484 times
This discussion reminds me of the hotel (if it is still there) near the Sidewinder bar, a place we played a few times. The sign simply says 'Cloud Nine - Hourly Rates'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: