Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 08:46 PM

6 posts, read 11,986 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My family and I are moving to Sioux Falls and I am currently in talks with a franchise group to bring in a food franchise there. I was wondering if you guys could suggest a good location to rent commercial space? Will it be better in the East or West? The food franchise is primarily delivery/pick-up-oriented, so I would prefer if it’s located in a heavy-traffic/heavily populated area. I am in talks with some developers/leasing agents but they each have their own opinions. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks and have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,850,366 times
Just about anywhere is Sioux Falls will work. West of I-29 and east of I-229 there is growth. South of town is expanding too.

The Chamber down there might be able to give you numbers for traffic counts and demographics by neighborhood.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,415,541 times
Green, What kind of food is it? If you can disclose that ? That would help a lot!!

The eastside is in a "boom". Multiple retail chains have signed onto Dawley Farm Village, and construction is currently happening. This is just east of Walmart near Arrowhead Parkway and Highway 11 (the future Highway 100, which will be a non-interstate beltway around SF, basically paralleling I-229).

However, you can find many high traffic areas in west SF. Anything near 41st & Louise, 57th & Louise (newer strip malls with vacants lots), 26th & Marion Road, 41st & Marion Road, and the Meadows on the River shopping district are very high traffic counts. Minnesota Avenue between downtown and I-229 are high traffic areas as well. Thats in the central part of the city.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,850,366 times
A good commercial Realtor would be handy for knowing what is available too. It seems like there is quite a few properties for lease.

Thinking about the idea of a Franchise... And when I think of Sioux Falls and places to eat that is about all that comes to mind. Have you given anything thought to your own establishment, your own menu, your own marketing. Maybe its me, I am enjoy places that do their own menu compared to the cookie cutter of a franchise... So it might just be me.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:47 PM

6 posts, read 11,986 times
Thanks for your inputs guys! The Dawley farm development is one of the potential rental spaces I was given, although the rates are a bit higher than the other older spaces. I will make sure to check out the areas you suggested.

I can't disclose the franchise yet, but it's fairly new here in the East Coast but it's growing fast. All I can say is that you eat these with your fingers and they can be quite messy. My husband are not really fast food junkies, but this one we absolutely love!

Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 PM

509 posts, read 1,351,110 times
I'd wish maybe you'd think about Harrisburg, this is one of the if not the fastest growing suburb in the state with about 4500 people now and expected to have 11,000 in about ten years, and its only three miles or so from Sioux Falls. The only thing here is a Godfathers Pizza so there is a large need for a variety, but you may have a population limit for the franchise.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,415,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmountainmom View Post
Thanks for your inputs guys! The Dawley farm development is one of the potential rental spaces I was given, although the rates are a bit higher than the other older spaces. I will make sure to check out the areas you suggested.

I can't disclose the franchise yet, but it's fairly new here in the East Coast but it's growing fast. All I can say is that you eat these with your fingers and they can be quite messy. My husband are not really fast food junkies, but this one we absolutely love!
Where are the older spaces at? I could give you some more input if you want...
There's some open rental spaces, but some will not support a new restaurant. Again, an opinion. I can think of a strip mall constructed recently at 33rd and Cliff, and some newer strip malls along 12th near downtown. This was part of the downtown revitalization project.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 PM

106 posts, read 344,676 times
I would have to say Dawley Farm (it might be expensive but for the customer base you will get with the new Target, it will pay for itself). However it would be an amazing addition to have it Downtown on Phillips Avenue. There is some Prime retail space opening up on Phillips Avenue. I would definetly talk to an Agent about the former Shoe store and such that the politican lady (forgot her name) closed even though business was great. Or even the Great Outdoor Store location, since they are moving futher east in the Downtown Area.

Also, Welcome to Sioux Falls (even though you haven't opened the restaurant yet, it will be a great addition)

Old 05-08-2009, 11:15 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,932,552 times
South Minnesota Ave. is an established but busy corridor and would be an inexpensive option. The westside would have more affordable options. 26th and Sycamore area in the eastern part of Sioux Falls would be another good option with established neighborhoods and plenty of other commercial to feed from. Sioux Falls has plenty of places to choose from when choosing a restaurant space. I would second the recommendation on visiting with a commercial realtor and chamber of commerce people, who are very familiar with the city.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 AM

106 posts, read 344,676 times
The corner of 57th & Cliff is also becoming a very large retail crossing with the new KFC, Taco Johns, and the retail/office strip mall and Apartment complex next to Sunshine. Along with two gas stations, a Wal Greens, a nice strip mall to the south of Walgreens, a Wells Fargo, and other businesses and an established resident base (surrounded on all four sides with houses and multi-family).

That is another option. Harrisburg is in desperate need of something. They are growing and to grow more they need things like a grocery store and a fast food restaurant (or even a Subway :-) ) .

Another good location would be 69th and Louise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls