Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,581,788 times

Advertisements

Pierre Wal-mart. Oh heavens I am still laughing about my last adventure there. Friend was in town visiting, she needed to run up to wal-mart. OK, fine. So comes time to check out she picks the goofy checkout lady with no teeth. Only in Pierre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,390,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Pierre Wal-mart. Oh heavens I am still laughing about my last adventure there. Friend was in town visiting, she needed to run up to wal-mart. OK, fine. So comes time to check out she picks the goofy checkout lady with no teeth. Only in Pierre.
Be nice! In this economy, anyone having a job should be proud.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM

46 posts, read 120,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
Super Walmart has great prices for groceries...but I will never buy any type of meat there.
I purchased some ground beef there...Even after hearing about the weird chemical process they use.
It tasted horrible. I could distinctly taste a weird taste.
It isn't the greatest groundbeef, I'll agree there. Compared to others I've had that've tasted good, it's just an average grade for me. Any stew or stir fry meat isn't that great either.

The ginormous pack of boneless chicken is the best buy, imo, in their meat isle. The one close to me stopped selling ground sausage, but that was still under/around three dollars when I saw it disappear.

I'm surprised to see K-Mart's still around, and didn't even know they had a Super Store to compete with the Walmarts and targets. The only one in my area is a ghost town. You'd think it's closed untl you walk in.

rjl78, I don't think that's a Pierre only phenomenon. I've seen that in every Walmart/Kmart I've ever been too and I've crisscrossed the country in an X in different moves.

Anyone with a job right now is a rung higher up than me, so I can't talk. Which is another reason why I like Walmart, stretches the fixed budget.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:47 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,664,867 times
Quote:
I had a theory paper in school once that if the capital of South Dakota was Chamberlain-Oacoma it'd be a thriving metropolitan area. I got an "A".

Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
Be nice! In this economy, anyone having a job should be proud.
I am being nice. She was a good checker and all that. I am not knocking the fact she is employed. She was a waitress at the smarmiest restaurants is this town... So walmart is a big step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
I had a theory paper in school once that if the capital of South Dakota was Chamberlain-Oacoma it'd be a thriving metropolitan area. I got an "A".
Yup. 100 years ago there was a big push to relocate the capitol. Was a three way race between Huron, Mitchell and Pierre. Big ol campaign with free train rides to the public to each of the cities. It came down to a vote with Pierre winning.

Without the capitol here this town would hardly exist. If you want a clue of what it would be like... Look at Mobridge.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:29 PM

479 posts, read 1,548,795 times
What's the smarmiest restaurant in Pierre? I'm just gonna run random places through my head.

Cattlemen's - Love it, but not really 'smarmy'.
Mad Mary's - Never been, but I equate to Cattlemen's
There is / was that Italian joint downtown.
Someplace at the Ramkota?
Couldn't be the LongBranch.
Maybe the country club?
Perhaps the Chuckwagon in Ft. Pierre?

I guess I'm stumped.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyleroux View Post
What's the smarmiest restaurant in Pierre? I'm just gonna run random places through my head.

Cattlemen's - Love it, but not really 'smarmy'.
Mad Mary's - Never been, but I equate to Cattlemen's
There is / was that Italian joint downtown.
Someplace at the Ramkota?
Couldn't be the LongBranch.
Maybe the country club?
Perhaps the Chuckwagon in Ft. Pierre?

I guess I'm stumped.
The Kozy Korner. It used to be the D&E until it blew down. The last time I walked in there I was fighting nausea. That was tough and I have a fairly strong stomach.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,449,977 times
Ramkota??
that place still open?(The Kozy Korner)

Last edited by debey; 05-18-2009 at 11:19 PM..

Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM

479 posts, read 1,548,795 times
Quote:
The Kozy Korner. It used to be the D&E until it blew down. The last time I walked in there I was fighting nausea. That was tough and I have a fairly strong stomach.
Ahh, I get it now. When our guard unit used to travel to or through Pierre, that is where we would eat. I'll never forget one day, my chili burger was the last to come out and we were pressed for time. The person dropped it on the floor when handing it to me, then looked at me and asked if I wanted a different one.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Ramkota????
The Ramkota had a pretty decent restaurant. More than just a motel and meeting hall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls