Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 06:17 PM

24 posts, read 93,706 times

Advertisements

Which one is a better place to live in and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
I would pick Tea since it's a town with so much more commercial than Harrisburg. Harrisburg has people. Lots of them, with hardly anybody knowing anyone since over 80% of the town has moved in during the last 10 years. Retail business growth has not kept pace at all. Pretty stagnant. Tea's commercial growth has balanced it's residential growth. It feels like a town that can establish more of a feeling of community.

School system is much more established at Harrisburg than at Tea. Is that an advantage? Maybe. Harrisburg is going to be a very large school real soon. Tea's school is growing too, just not at the same pace.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 AM

509 posts, read 1,349,579 times
Harrisburg is kind of expensive in both property taxes and water bills, I pay $50 a month for water for 2 people and I see that its going up a bit next year because of the waste water agreement with Sioux Falls. I don't know much about Tea but the previous post is right, there isn't much commercial stuff here in Harrisburg but there is a grocery store 3 miles up Cliff Ave in Sioux Falls......

Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Both are fine, but I also like Tea. It's such a cute little town.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:28 AM

106 posts, read 344,313 times
I would vote Harrisburg, just because it is the bigger of both, and is starting to feel a little more suburban than Tea. Tea to me feels like a small town way in the middle of no where, and I don't like (again IMO) how the town is laid out and how it is way more industrialized.

You WILL see much more commercial development happen in Harrisburg in the next five years, and you will see a lot more commercial development happen between 85th Street in SF and to the north side of Harrisburg about 3/4 mile south of 101st Street.

I would like to see a new 'Town' be started. For example I mean like actually starting a new city, i.e. Fishers, IN was established I think less than 10 years ago.

I wonder what someone has to go through to do that.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:41 PM

56 posts, read 210,650 times
Tea has more retail but Harrisburg isn't too far behind on getting that. Harrisburg has had some nice developments that have led to jobs. Schoeneman's moving from Sioux Falls and Showplace are huge. Harrisburg has a brand new High School and seems to be concerned about keeping ahead of the growth by building the schools now. A lot of homes, apartments and townhouses are going up. Overall, I think I would prefer Harrisburg as it's on the verge of good things. There's currently no grocery store but it's a short trip north on Cliff Ave. to the new Sunshine Foods in Sioux Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: