Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 AM

19,720 posts, read 10,455,486 times

Advertisements

Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 8:15am thru Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 8:15pm @
W.H.Lyons Fairgrounds

80% Size replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall travels the USA in order to provide a forum for communities to come together to HONOR-RESPECT-REMEMBER all who have sacrificed their lives for our country's freedom. By doing this we also honor all Veterans and those serving today. Because they know they will never be forgotten. We must always separate the War from the Warrior and be never failing in our support for our Men and Women of the Armed Forces.

The American Veterans Traveling Tribute (www.avtt.org) will be at the 2010 Salute to the Troops event in Sioux Falls, SD at the Fairgrounds (FREE ADMISSION) June 24-27, 2010.

Thank you to all who have served America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 PM

608 posts, read 920,406 times
I saw this in Perryton, Texas two years straight, and it's a must see event. For anyone that wishes to pay respect to those US soldiers that have served and died in Vietnam or any other US conflict, this is a great monument ot see. "To those who served and those who died, we pay respect to the families that still survive."

Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 AM

4,826 posts, read 6,833,075 times
I'm not going to miss it. I grew up during Vietnam, but was fortunate enough to be born one year too late to go through the draft. I have many friends who were there. Not one of them didn't call the whole thing miserable. These people have my utmost respect. They served our country when called, even when our government was making a mockery of the whole thing.

Lesson we should have learned. Either fight to win with all you've got or get the he!! out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls