Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:21 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Soccer is the sport in this country that moms let their kids play so they don't get hurt (or dirty). Calling it "wussy football" to distinguish it from regular football would be offensive.
Yeah right...the vast majority of American football players wouldnt last 20 min. in a soccer match. That is fact.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:36 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Soccer is the sport in this country that moms let their kids play so they don't get hurt (or dirty). Calling it "wussy football" to distinguish it from regular football would be offensive.

FIFA is the real football that is played worldwide where players and fans enjoy the game.

NFL HandOvoid is just a TV show, where obese players play for 11 minutes and fans watch 1 hour of commercials.

plz...

Old 06-19-2010, 07:40 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,530,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Yeah right...the vast majority of American football players wouldnt last 20 min. in a soccer match. That is fact.
And the average soccer player wouldn't last 20 minutes in an NFL game. They'd likely be done after the first hit (or in true soccer form, they'd flop to the ground and "act" as if they're in agonizing pain).

I can't believe this thread is still active. It's already been established that the game is called soccer in more countries than just the U.S., and many have pointed out that the term has its origins in England. Most Americans don't care that the game is called football elsewhere. It confounds me that so many outside the U.S. are bothered by the term "soccer" or that the American game is called "football." Seriously, who cares?

And, yet again, the discussion has to devolve into another soccer vs. American football debate. Two different sports with different skill sets, folks. No need to hate.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,512,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post

FIFA is the real football that is played worldwide where players and fans enjoy the game.

NFL HandOvoid is just a TV show, where obese players play for 11 minutes and fans watch 1 hour of commercials.

plz...

You aren't very bright.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
And the vast majority of European/African/Asian/take-your-pick soccer players wouldn't last a single down series in American football. That is fact.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:05 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
And the average soccer player wouldn't last 20 minutes in an NFL game. .They'd likely be done after the first hit (or in true soccer form, they'd flop to the ground and "act" as if they're in agonizing pain).

I can't believe this thread is still active. It's already been established that the game is called soccer in more countries than just the U.S., and many have pointed out that the term has its origins in England. Most Americans don't care that the game is called football elsewhere. It confounds me that so many outside the U.S. are bothered by the term "soccer" or that the American game is called "football." Seriously, who cares?

And, yet again, the discussion has to devolve into another soccer vs. American football debate. Two different sports with different skill sets, folks. No need to hate.
I can
Hardcore soccer... I'm sorry, football (futbol) fans refuse to believe that, even if the evidence is right there in front of their faces.
Ya just can't understand foreigners I guess?
According to this thread, ALOT of people.

Again, as long as there are these lil' cheerleaders who just can't accept the fact that there are other sports in this world, you'll always have these pointless debates.....

Old 06-19-2010, 09:39 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post

plz...

You DON'T know what you're talking about.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:54 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
And the average soccer player wouldn't last 20 minutes in an NFL game. They'd likely be done after the first hit (or in true soccer form, they'd flop to the ground and "act" as if they're in agonizing pain).

The average football player (FIFA) could easily play Australian rules Football or Rugby.

On the other hand, NFL HandOvoid players couldnt last 20 minutes playing Australian Rules Football or Ruby or FIFA Football. NFL players can't run for more than 1 minute; they could have a heart attack and die on the field.

The U.S. Football version should be modified back to what it was 100 years ago. If you people dont know, it was more like rugby, the stupid ovoid was egg shaped like a rugby ball a real ball, not a stupid ovoid, and the players used to run and didnt stop every 5 seconds.

The NFL killed the sport to make it more profitable ($$$). Now, the players actually play for 11 minutes and each game has over 60 minutes of commercials.

Real football is FIFA, Australian Rules Football, and Rugby. The NFL is the downgraded version of football.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:16 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,556 times
edu are you a woman... or gay, what exactly is the point of showing random pictures of soccer player's faces, dressed in suits vs random nfl players

soccer is the only game i can think of where the championship game can be decided by penalty kicks, which would be the equivalent of deciding game 7 of the nba finals by making it a "best of 5" free throws by both teams. it's retarded. they need to change the rules to allow more scoring, all these 0-0 ties in the world cup show the flaws of the way the rules were created.
that and all the diving and flopping.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:23 PM

47 posts, read 152,528 times
i have my own opinion:

''we just know,play,support,understand Football, we don't call it soccer.. Rugby is Rugby, Football is Football, we never have soccer''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer