Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM

568 posts, read 1,206,209 times

Advertisements

GOOOOO TEAM USA! It seems Donovan has this tendency to respond to high pressure situations. Thus, I propose that Donovan go under hypnosis prior to each game and the psychiatrist should tell him that we are down 2-0 in the last 5 minutes of the game!

The great thing is, for those of us who have missed some of the first round games due to working Monday through Friday, we will get to see the US 2nd round game on Saturday(if you have the weekend off)!!! I am thrilled that this team, without necessarily being the best, is scrappy, and finding a way to win! I really think this team can make it to the Quarterfinals, as long as they don't play Germany. But hey, anything can happen...especially in this World Cup with so many surprises! Maybe Klose will get another red card (hopefully this time for a legimi

On a side note, all of my picks so far for final 16 have been correct, although Group D I may have trouble because I picked Germany(easy pick) and Ghana (I wanted at least one African team to make it through!). Also, in group E I picked Holland and Japan...so maybe I should've gone with the Swiss...but we'll see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 02:21 PM

57 posts, read 47,939 times
i saw the USA and now germany vs ghana,great games,a lot of pressure,and the three passed next fase,cool

ps:xica da silva,are you brasilian?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Its a tricky one. Whoever wins their group comes up against England, not the USA. My guess is that Germany will go for the win (too risky not to) and get it. I also think that Serbia will beat Australia. So, my prediction will be Germany v England and USA v Serbia.
Well, I got that half wrong. I never expected Serbia to get beat by the Aussies.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Well, I got that half wrong. I never expected Serbia to get beat by the Aussies.
So it's Ghana for USA - bring it ON

Old 06-23-2010, 02:35 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
So it's Ghana for USA - bring it ON
We owe 'em for 2006

BBC SPORT | Football | World Cup 2006 | Ghana 2-1 USA

Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 PM

in that game,anyone can win,i have no favorites in this one,i'll be happy with who wins

Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe_ramone View Post
i saw the USA and now germany vs ghana,great games,a lot of pressure,and the three passed next fase,cool

ps:xica da silva,are you brasilian?

Great! Now I just need Japan to beat Denmark tomorrow!

ps. No, I'm not Brasilian but I'm a huge fan of Brasilian music and futbol (soccer). Voce e' Brasileiro, n'e? Acho que o time brasileiro e' forte essa Copa; mas Argentina tambem parece muito bom com o Messi. Super-legal que tantos times do America do Sul vai pra frente, ne'? Brasil, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, Argentina. Gosto muito de ver os Europeus perdem! rsss...

Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM

loooool,no i am not brasilian,i'm portuguse,did you learn to talk or transleted?lol

yeah this world cup will be europe vs south american,and to be real i am for south america,europe teams have been playing very bad

Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe_ramone View Post
loooool,no i am not brasilian,i'm portuguse,did you learn to talk or transleted?lol

yeah this world cup will be europe vs south american,and to be real i am for south america,europe teams have been playing very bad

Ah...I like the Portuguese team well enough...very talented, and I think they could go all the way to the final; but I have to have a little loyalty to my hemisphere, in case the US team doesn't make it very far!

Sorry, I'm a bit off topic, but to answer your question:

I actually learned to talk and write from listening to so much Brasilian music...I would be curious and look up words in the dictionary and then started to teach myself grammar, so I could understand the lyrics. Funny, but when I met some Portuguese for the first time, they said my accent sounds brasilian, and they could understand me, but I couldn't understand much of what they said because the accent is totally different!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:34 PM

ehhhhhhhh they have they're moments lol

yes,the accent is very very different,when we talk to them,sometimes we don't understant them eather
but also,technally they don't speak perfect portuguese,and write some words different,it's understandible if you learn by yourself and try to sound like the music you must sound brasilian

got to say also on the 8th end we got some good good games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer