Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times

Advertisements

good luck to the guy, but if he hasn't got a decent amount of ability he will soon realize just how hard football can be!

p.s. looking at that video, he hasn't got all that good ball control. but like he says it will keep him fit till the nfl starts again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
If he makes MLS, it wont be because of his skills, but because of his stupid arse name.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:38 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Which is why SKS will be a laughing stock, even if they dont get it
It will be a big step backwards for the credibility of the league IMHO. We are just getting over the who retirement league things.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:51 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Which is why SKS will be a laughing stock, even if they dont get it
It will be a big step backwards for the credibility of the league IMHO. We are just getting over the who retirement league things.

I am here in KC as an SKC STH and I can tell you that are you dead wrong. This has given the league a lot of exposure and being that he wasnt good enough to make it and has been doing nothing but saying how athletic this game is does great things for the game. This whole thing has been good for the sport and good for the team. How does it damage league credibility? Did it damage baseball creditibility when Garth Brooks and Michael Jordan played minor league baseball? Did it hurt the NFL when Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson played another sport?

Ochocinco is a world class athlete. He has ability that some people would kill to have. He has a background in the sport, why not let him trial? It doesnt hurt anything. He was nothing but professional the entire time he was here.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM

You are a SKC fan so I cant expect you to see how having a dude who is nothing but a media ***** play for your team makes you a laughing stock. He is not there because he is a great player, I can pretty much guarentee he is not.

And yes back home it was found to be very funny when people knew that Michael Jordan was playing baseball, I remember alot of people joking about it. I never knew about Garth Brooks but thanks for the chuckle. It was just a big a joke when that idiot "The Fridge" went and played Rugby League in England too.

When MLS started it was the joke of the footballing world back home because all these washed up hasbeen players went to MLS to retire because they were too fat and useless to kick a ball back home. Now the league has pretty much shed that by having some solid players and producing a star like Agudelo to now this idiot hopefully playing for SKC.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
You are a SKC fan so I cant expect you to see how having a dude who is nothing but a media ***** play for your team makes you a laughing stock. He is not there because he is a great player, I can pretty much guarentee he is not.
He doesnt play for the team. He was trialing. You do know what a trial is, dont you? Soccer teams constantly have players in for trials. In fact, SKC said they usually have 50-60 in a season. Hardly any of them make the team but it gives them extra bodies for training and lets them take a look at guys. It doesnt make the team a laughing stock. In fact, it has done the complete opposite. Ochocinco has done nothing but be completely professional his entire time here.

Quote:
Now the league has pretty much shed that by having some solid players and producing a star like Agudelo to now this idiot hopefully playing for SKC.
He isnt going to be playing for the team. It was a trial. He didnt make it. He has been invited to train for the reserve team when they are not training with the first team but that's it. It was a trial. Do you not understand how trials work?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM

No dude I am totally new to the concept of a trial. I never even heard of football till two weeks ago either :S

The whole point of a trial is because SKC thinks the dude is good enough to play for them so they gave him a chance, hence why we are laughing at you and you dont get it.

You are the one that thought it was great and dont get why it makes people LOL

Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
No dude I am totally new to the concept of a trial. I never even heard of football till two weeks ago either :S

The whole point of a trial is because SKC thinks the dude is good enough to play for them so they gave him a chance, hence why we are laughing at you and you dont get it.

You are the one that thought it was great and dont get why it makes people LOL

No, you dont get it and you dont seem to have the correct information either. They gave him a trial because he is a World Class athlete that has not only a love and passion for the sport but some experience playing.

Before the trial, SKC manager said that he was a LONG SHOT. They never intended for him to make the team. No one thought he would make the team. So, why not let him come and work out for a few days and get some publicity and see what he has? Sporting Kansas City was trending on Twitter for several days and was front page news. It did wonders for marketing and public relations. SKC won here.

You can laugh all you want but you are doing it because you dont know the story and have not a clue what you are talking about.

Did you know that Ochocinco is in Spain right now hanging out with Real Madrid and was at one of their training sessions? Is Real Madrid a joke too?

You should really get the facts straight before posting about crap you know nothing about.

Watch this video: Chad Ochocinco Trial With Sporting Kansas City: ESPN All-Access Video – The Allocation Order (http://theallocationorder.com/2011/chad-ochocinco-trial-with-sporting-kansas-city-espn-all-access-video/ - broken link)

Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM

I totally do get it man and I do have the correct information.
If Ochocinco training with your team gets you excited then so be it dude thats great, I will continue to have a good chuckle at it.

I couldnt care less where Ochocino is right now. So the fact he is "hanging out" gets you excited and makes him great ? His is not on Trial with Real Madrid so no they are not a joke.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:18 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
you wouldn't bring a player on trial unless you were at least thinking of signing him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer