Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Downing has looked more dangerous and creative than Adam, Spearing, Henderson, Rodríguez, Carroll, Shelvey etc, nobody is saying he is world class, just better than the rest of the dead wood.
You said he has been our best player this season which he has'nt. He has been a big let down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 04:41 PM

921 posts, read 1,095,778 times
A 1:0 win for Utd vs Fulham today.
Good result, but Fulham were denied a pen in 89th min.
But...Newcastle was awarded a pen at Old Trafford that was never a pen so the refs have it balanced I guess .

Utd should've scored more themselves as they had the superior ball possession. At one time it was 89% Utd possession...

And what is going on with Evans? Scored the previous round, assisted today...

Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,792 times
Not a convincing win; especially considering that Fulham did not play very aggressively. I'll take it but we were at home and could have closed the goal diff with city.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:57 AM

[quote=Pete MUFC;23580777]Newcastle was awarded a pen at Old Trafford that was never a pen so the refs have it balanced I guess .

quote]

Well I would'nt say it balances itself out because of all the times Man Utd have been given decisions their way which were not the right decision. Thats football I suppose and Alex Ferguson.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM

[quote=JD47john;23592632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Newcastle was awarded a pen at Old Trafford that was never a pen so the refs have it balanced I guess .

quote]

Well I would'nt say it balances itself out because of all the times Man Utd have been given decisions their way which were not the right decision. Thats football I suppose and Alex Ferguson.
All big clubs have been given decisions their way, don't tell me Liverpool never neen given one.
So many times decisions were against Man Utd too, but people seem to forget about it...and in very important games too.

This threw Utd out of CL in 2004, remember?

Scholes disallowed goal vs. Porto, 9/3/2004 - YouTube

Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM

[quote=Pete MUFC;23592794]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post

All big clubs have been given decisions their way, don't tell me Liverpool never neen given one.
So many times decisions were against Man Utd too, but people seem to forget about it...and in very important games too.

This threw Utd out of CL in 2004, remember?

Scholes disallowed goal vs. Porto, 9/3/2004 - YouTube

Yes but you are known to be favoured by referee's and officals most of the time. Its not just penalties its everything whether it be getting other players sent off or getting away with things or people opening their mouth and complaining about officals and getting away with it. Every team gets decisions (maybe not Wolves) but Man Utd get them more then anyone else. Its something thats been going on for years.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM

[quote=JD47john;23593477]
Quote:

Yes but you are known to be favoured by referee's and officals most of the time. Its not just penalties its everything whether it be getting other players sent off or getting away with things or people opening their mouth and complaining about officals and getting away with it. Every team gets decisions (maybe not Wolves) but Man Utd get them more then anyone else. Its something thats been going on for years.
Typical Liverpool fan you are. According to you (pool fans) Man Utd are winning titles with help from referees, FA, media and whatsoever...
You cannot win so many titles with the pure help...it is the consistent performance that had won Man Utd so many titles over the years under SAF. Even in the years when they are not good enough (like this year) they are still in the fight for the title...so who helped Utd this year? Are they there because the referee didn't point to the spot yesterday for Fulham?

Do you know how many times SAF was banned because of criticizing officials? Do you know how many times Wenger did the same (even worse) and got away with it? I know you don't like Utd and their success, but let's face it...they are the best team in England...and not because of the referees or the FA.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,792 times
Well said Pete. There is no referee conspiracy in favor of United..that's absurd.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 AM

[quote=Pete MUFC;23596476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post

Typical Liverpool fan you are. According to you (pool fans) Man Utd are winning titles with help from referees, FA, media and whatsoever...
You cannot win so many titles with the pure help...it is the consistent performance that had won Man Utd so many titles over the years under SAF. Even in the years when they are not good enough (like this year) they are still in the fight for the title...so who helped Utd this year? Are they there because the referee didn't point to the spot yesterday for Fulham?

Do you know how many times SAF was banned because of criticizing officials? Do you know how many times Wenger did the same (even worse) and got away with it? I know you don't like Utd and their success, but let's face it...they are the best team in England...and not because of the referees or the FA.
Its not just Liverpool fans who say it mate. It is no secret that your team is favoured with referee's. Everyone knows that. I never said that your success was based on referee decisions but a lot of decisions are. I am not doubting your success. I am a Liverpool fan and I hate Man Utd so much I cant explain it but I know that we are using the 5 times as an excuse and we need to get our act together and start winning games and winning leagues. Man Utd are not the best team in England. Man City are as they have the best squad. Man Utd are relying on a 37 year old and a 38 year old to win them the league and its working but it does not mean they are the best team in England. At the end of the day Fulham were robbed by a stupid decision and that game should of ended a draw and at the end of the season if it comes down to one point and you win it then it can be said that a bad decision helped you win the league.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM

[quote=JD47john;23604226]
Quote:

Its not just Liverpool fans who say it mate. It is no secret that your team is favoured with referee's. Everyone knows that. I never said that your success was based on referee decisions but a lot of decisions are. I am not doubting your success. I am a Liverpool fan and I hate Man Utd so much I cant explain it but I know that we are using the 5 times as an excuse and we need to get our act together and start winning games and winning leagues. Man Utd are not the best team in England. Man City are as they have the best squad. Man Utd are relying on a 37 year old and a 38 year old to win them the league and its working but it does not mean they are the best team in England. At the end of the day Fulham were robbed by a stupid decision and that game should of ended a draw and at the end of the season if it comes down to one point and you win it then it can be said that a bad decision helped you win the league.
There is no point fighting on this John. Check the stats over past years, see who is the best in England. It should be easier for you to check, you live nearby. I am talking overall not only this season. Since when City are the best in England? You based your opinion on this year alone and it is a big question mark if they are going to win the league. At the end, how do you know Fulham would've scored if penalty was awarded ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer