Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 02:51 PM

643 posts, read 1,122,346 times

Advertisements

Arsenal looked like a team that were expecting to get relegated. The right backs positional play was simply awful and they had some young player making his EPL debut playing centre mid. United just looked supreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 12:26 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,786,614 times
Hello all! I just joined the forum as i was introduced to it from a fellow on another car related forum who can name himself if he wants. As i came here mainly to talk footy i decided to introduce myself in this thread. I'm a Manchester United fan from the U.S.A. (L.A.) Yes yes, thanks for the encouragement i'm sure to receive on that! Actually as i played soccer/football growing up it's the only sport i actively follow (a bit of tennis/auto too). I "found" the EPL over 10 years ago when the MLS was just starting and have been addicted ever since. I initially followed Leeds as they had a great group of young english players, then they got relegated, and i followed my favorite player Alan Smith to Manchester United and have been a Manchester United fan ever since.

So that's my story...hoping to have some good convos with trolling/hatred kept to a minimum.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:56 PM

921 posts, read 1,094,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
Hello all! I just joined the forum as i was introduced to it from a fellow on another car related forum who can name himself if he wants. As i came here mainly to talk footy i decided to introduce myself in this thread. I'm a Manchester United fan from the U.S.A. (L.A.) Yes yes, thanks for the encouragement i'm sure to receive on that! Actually as i played soccer/football growing up it's the only sport i actively follow (a bit of tennis/auto too). I "found" the EPL over 10 years ago when the MLS was just starting and have been addicted ever since. I initially followed Leeds as they had a great group of young english players, then they got relegated, and i followed my favorite player Alan Smith to Manchester United and have been a Manchester United fan ever since.

So that's my story...hoping to have some good convos with trolling/hatred kept to a minimum.
Leeds to Man Utd fan? Wow, you got to be the only one to have done that. It's almost the same to support L'pool and then because of Owen moving to Utd to become Man Utd fan.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,027 times
Welcome infinite, glad you could make it over. The soccer threads are much more active over here.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:59 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,027 times
Yeah you might not want to admit to following Smith over. Cantona would have been a much better choice

Old 08-30-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Leeds to Man Utd fan? Wow, you got to be the only one to have done that. It's almost the same to support L'pool and then because of Owen moving to Utd to become Man Utd fan.
I know I know! Any Englishman would be sickened lols.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
Welcome infinite, glad you could make it over. The soccer threads are much more active over here.
Thanks! Seems like a great forum overall!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:17 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,841,928 times
Quote:
Thanks! Seems like a great forum overall!
Best soccer forum I find, mostly decent knowledgeable opinions and views, not to many posters but better debates and comments than some of the other daft forums out there welcome anyway.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Just read the entire thread while eating lunch. I think i got the lay of the land and who pulls for what. I'll also throw out that i do casually follow my "LOCAL" team the L.A. Galaxy; i'm no euro-snob. I even had season tickets when they opened the Home Depot Center; the first soccer specific stadium in the U.S. A real event for any U.S. based soccer fan. But of course my true calling is the EPL; the best league on earth!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:45 PM

643 posts, read 1,122,346 times
Quote:
Just read the entire thread while eating lunch. I think i got the lay of the land and who pulls for what. I'll also throw out that i do casually follow my "LOCAL" team the L.A. Galaxy; i'm no euro-snob. I even had season tickets when they opened the Home Depot Center; the first soccer specific stadium in the U.S. A real event for any U.S. based soccer fan. But of course my true calling is the EPL; the best league on earth!
The first MLS soccer specific stadium was Columbus Crew stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer