Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:10 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,988,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Yeah, I watched. Barca were great. Well-coached and with at least three world-class players (Xavi, Messi, Villa, maybe Alves). I know that Iniesta is talented, but he is shameful in his diving.

Messi is a legend in the making. All he needs to do now to cement his place in between Pele and Maradona is to win the World Cup with Argentina.

Best team won.
Messi is a terrible player. Pele and Maradona in their first World Cup appearances played great. They created chances for their teammates to score and they even scored themselves. Messi couldn't do either of those when the time mattered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 AM

44 posts, read 49,723 times
Alex Ferguson, Bobby Charlton, Matt Busby, George Best, Eamonn Holmes, Michael Owen, Clive Tyldesley, Mick Hucknall, Fred the Red, Gary Neville, Imogen Thomas, Andrei Kanchelskis, John Virgo, Lisa Riley, Malcolm Glazer, all the Glazers, FC United of Manchester, Victoria Beckham, Carlos Queiroz, Federico Macheda, Chesney Brown, Kevin Webster, Rey Mysterio, Rory McIlroy, Olly Murs, AON, Howard Webb.... Can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Old 05-29-2011, 12:15 PM

18,045 posts, read 25,094,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Messi is a terrible player. Pele and Maradona in their first World Cup appearances played great. They created chances for their teammates to score and they even scored themselves. Messi couldn't do either of those when the time mattered.
Pele never played in any european team, even though he had the opportunity to do it.
Maradona won 1 World Cup, and he did it by beating England in semifinal with handball. That was the 1st goal of the game that they won 2-1.

YouTube - ‪Diego Maradona - the "Hand of God" goal‬‏

Old 05-29-2011, 03:30 PM

178 posts, read 360,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Manchester United ís considered to be the richest club in the world according to Forbes. If they cannot pay them, nobody can.
that'd be the blue half of Manchester actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
thanks for the laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Pele never played in any european team, even though he had the opportunity to do it.
Maradona won 1 World Cup, and he did it by beating England in semifinal with handball. That was the 1st goal of the game that they won 2-1.

YouTube - ‪Diego Maradona - the "Hand of God" goal‬‏
europe wasn't nearly so well developed back then, not like today. Totally different time. Are you really doubting Pele's greatness b/c of that?

engerland won one world cup while hosting it 44 years ago with a controversial goal so what is the point?

Old 05-29-2011, 11:45 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
that'd be the blue half of Manchester actually
No, the red half .

Old 05-30-2011, 09:40 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,498,310 times
Barca played some wonderful football once again...
and I wanted both teams to lose

Old 05-30-2011, 02:33 PM

117 posts, read 256,693 times
well at least barca won...all i have to hope for now is liverpooooool returning next year SUAREZZZZZZZZZ

Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 AM

7,964 posts, read 11,807,580 times
messi is a terrible player?! thats the worst post i have ever read on this whole website, seriously

Old 06-01-2011, 08:22 AM

53 posts, read 99,090 times
I don't recall seeing Messi injured in the last few season.
Xavi too. Iniesta had slight injury but nothing serious. Same goes for most of their key players (excluding Pujol)
They've been playing almost all the games this season. Messi alone scored 45 goals or something, wow! In todays footbal it's just wow!
They don't rotate as Man Utd or Arsenal do and still look so fresh.
Barca players looked like they can run forever and they don't even sweat.
They looked so fresh it's just unbelivable. Either they have an extraordinary fitness coach or......
Man Utd who are one of the best fitness teams cannot cope with it.
This Barca team reminds me of the Juventus team back in the '90's with Zidane, Deschampes ... in terms of running and fitness....and I believe you all know what happened with their fitness coach.
I am just saying...

Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM

178 posts, read 360,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19782009 View Post
I don't recall seeing Messi injured in the last few season.
Xavi too. Iniesta had slight injury but nothing serious. Same goes for most of their key players (excluding Pujol)
They've been playing almost all the games this season. Messi alone scored 45 goals or something, wow! In todays footbal it's just wow!
They don't rotate as Man Utd or Arsenal do and still look so fresh.
Barca players looked like they can run forever and they don't even sweat.
They looked so fresh it's just unbelivable. Either they have an extraordinary fitness coach or......
Man Utd who are one of the best fitness teams cannot cope with it.
This Barca team reminds me of the Juventus team back in the '90's with Zidane, Deschampes ... in terms of running and fitness....and I believe you all know what happened with their fitness coach.
I am just saying...
I think it was like 52 or 53 actually , all competitions

Barca have at least one advantage, they play in La Liga where you get more time on the ball , and plus they posses so well they make everyone else chase them, something like 70% possesion against ManU.....

yet in america possesion is underrated and we still look for "athletes" who can run up and down the pitch like chickens with their heads cut off

what happened to Juve's fitness coach? I didn't have access to football in the early 90's as I grew up in America

I'm assuming you mean pref. enhancing things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer