Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:16 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
We've drawn an open group with Serbia, Croatia, Scotland and Wales. I think we stand a decent chance...
How has Belgium been doing as of late? Absent from the tournament stage but qualifying in Europe for Euro and World Cup is a hard road. If they can string some quality games they can easily place second in group play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 06:38 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
belgium are widely thought to be the most improving side in europe

Old 07-31-2011, 11:53 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,919 times
Yes, we have a young, up-and-coming team with a couple of very good players. But there's a general feeling here that it's getting high time to finally make it to a big tournament. I mean, our last big tournament was the 2002 World Cup. That was nine years ago !

Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 AM

921 posts, read 1,095,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
i think ireland have got a great chance, they could easily finish 2nd, they are in with a shout, i'm happy with scotland could have been worse, still difficult though, scotlands group should also be interesting with the 3 baltic countries playing each other
Paul, let me correct you...
Serbia, Croatia and Macedonia are not Baltic countries...They are Balkan countries.
Expect hostile atmosphere especially in Serbia and Croatia.
And honestly, Serbian and Croatian national team are way better than Scotland's national team.
Belgium is also improving, but I think the focus of this group should be on Serbia and Croatia.
Both good teams, great rivalry and after whatever happened in the 1990's between these two countries it will be interesting to watch these games both on and off the pitch.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 AM

i stand corrected, yep balkan, who said scotland were better? lol i know croatia and serbia are better, it could also be argued they are also better than england in this moment in time! but i do guarantee you 1 thing, scotland, as always, will get good results at home, and if we nick the odd point and 1 or 2 wins away from home you just never know, i , as always, will support then through it anyway!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
England are better than everyone paull! Dontcha know they were supposed to win the last few tournaments they were in. Theyre not arrogant, theyre better than everybody else they just keep losing by mistake.

A little bit of luck and anybody can get through.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 AM

921 posts, read 1,095,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
i stand corrected, yep balkan, who said scotland were better? lol i know croatia and serbia are better, it could also be argued they are also better than england in this moment in time! but i do guarantee you 1 thing, scotland, as always, will get good results at home, and if we nick the odd point and 1 or 2 wins away from home you just never know, i , as always, will support then through it anyway!
That is the problem with Scotland...good at home but awful away.
Best chance for Scotland to get with 3 points away from home will be Wales and maybe Macedonia, but that's a tricky away trip too.
Back in 2008 Macedonia beat Scotland 1:0 at home if I remember correctly, and Macedonians always play good against teams from UK.
They drew twice with England away.
But this looks like one of the toughest group so we shall see.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 AM

yeah it will be a tough group but i'm quietly confident we will do well, just hope we do well enough to get 2nd, because i think the groups croatias for losing, great side

Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Paul, let me correct you...
Serbia, Croatia and Macedonia are not Baltic countries...They are Balkan countries.
Expect hostile atmosphere especially in Serbia and Croatia.
And honestly, Serbian and Croatian national team are way better than Scotland's national team.
Belgium is also improving, but I think the focus of this group should be on Serbia and Croatia.
Both good teams, great rivalry and after whatever happened in the 1990's between these two countries it will be interesting to watch these games both on and off the pitch.
Not to mention Serbian fans tend to cause trouble no matter where they are playing, just look at what happened in Italy earlier this year. On top of that, my Croatians are not ones to be considered saints either.

This is going to be an incredibly interesting group. After seeing Serbia qualify for the previous world cup and our recent struggles in euro qualifying the Croatian fans are going to be desperate for success.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:42 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Asian Zone Draw
Group A: China, Jordan, Iraq, Singapore
Group B: Korea Republic, Kuwait, UAE, Lebanon
Group C: Japan, Uzbekistan, Syria, Korea DPR
Group D: Australia, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Thailand
Group E: Iran, Qatar, Bahrain, Indonesia

Not a bad draw for Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer