Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:16 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times

Advertisements

Huckerbee left in 2009, its 2012 now, thats 3 years too late to complain about that.
Robbie Keane is on loan to Villa and is on par with 2 in 2.
Henry (I hate his guts) is actually pretty good here and seems good enough to help The Gunners out of their hole.
Angel was never a great player IMHO but did good here though he is aging. That makes 1 out of all you named.

MLS isnt the EPL so youre not going to get Ronaldihno in his prime. The way MLS is setup in a way that it simply wont happen, too much money and will cause too much debt to a club. It has its good and bad in regards to keeping MLS competitive.

Lalas is an instantly recogniseable player thats why he is the spokesperson. Even for me (being from Ireland) he is instantly recogniseable from USA94 because he is the only other player I knew up till close to 2000. It makes sense to have a spokesperson that people will recognise. If you stick somebody who is not known on the TV the likelyhood of somebody who doesnt watch football sticking around to listen is null.

It does not show "wrestlemania type footie skills" by a long shot. Maybe you should take more time out to actually watch a game and enjoy the football you are watching instead of complaining about a league you admit you dont watch. It might help.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:19 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Huckerbee left in 2009, its 2012 now, thats 3 years too late to complain about that.
Robbie Keane is on loan to Villa and is on par with 2 in 2.
Henry (I hate his guts) is actually pretty good here and seems good enough to help The Gunners out of their hole.
Angel was never a great player IMHO but did good here though he is aging. That makes 1 out of all you named.

MLS isnt the EPL so youre not going to get Ronaldihno in his prime. The way MLS is setup in a way that it simply wont happen, too much money and will cause too much debt to a club. It has its good and bad in regards to keeping MLS competitive.

Lalas is an instantly recogniseable player thats why he is the spokesperson. Even for me (being from Ireland) he is instantly recogniseable from USA94 because he is the only other player I knew up till close to 2000. It makes sense to have a spokesperson that people will recognise. If you stick somebody who is not known on the TV the likelyhood of somebody who doesnt watch football sticking around to listen is null.

It does not show "wrestlemania type footie skills" by a long shot. Maybe you should take more time out to actually watch a game and enjoy the football you are watching instead of complaining about a league you admit you dont watch. It might help.
Alright no need to get your panties in a bunch. We wont see eye to eye on this so...agree to disagree. The Lalas argument is just silly and the rest of your other rant is emotional mumbojumbo that quite frankly i dont have the energy for a back and forth argument. Didnt mean to derail the thread ...but to me (%) the MLS is crap. EoD Have a good day mate

Old 01-24-2012, 03:29 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
No player in his right mind (aka prime) would dare move to the league for European Geriatrics (lol). The MLS is a joke and I for one will not and dont watch that crap.
If you do not watch it how do you know the quality is crap. You have no clue what you are talking about. I know people who had season tickets with teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man U who now reside in the US and have season tickets with MLS clubs and think the quality is just fine. They would be better suited to compare the quality than you are.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If you do not watch it how do you know the quality is crap. You have no clue what you are talking about. I know people who had season tickets with teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man U who now reside in the US and have season tickets with MLS clubs and think the quality is just fine. They would be better suited to compare the quality than you are.
lol, we call that the act of being patronized. I actually played ..you know what..never mind. You are entitled to your opinion Robb...The MLS to me is CRAP. And yes, i catch a few games every now and then...but only when i am trying to force myself to sleep

Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
My panties arent in a bunch. I simply replied to your post. You are the one who is crying buddy, I was just countering what you said. I apologise for not agreeing with you ?

You dont watch the league which you admitted, so how do you know ? I am pretty sure not watching the league means you have no idea.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:28 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
Get behind your national league for gods sake Percentage. It is still in its infancy, it WILL be doomed if the majority of your countrymen have your opinion.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Thread temporarily closed for moderator review.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-24-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer