Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,844,521 times

Advertisements

I think Manchester United fans from 6,000 kilometres away are glory hunters yes, sue me! My team is years behind but I'll keep going, because I don't just go for trophies Pete I'm a SUPPORTER not a foreign "FAN" like you. Football is one of the most important things in my life, can you say the same?? Maybe that makes me a fool but it occupies a good chunk of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 PM

921 posts, read 1,095,426 times
So, by your logic Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca etc "fans" who are km away are glory hunters?
Just people who "support" small clubs like yours are real "supporters"?
If you are real supporter stop crying when your team have bad results and don't blame managers right away.
Your football knowledge is so limited you are not even aware of that.
But, you are probably a season ticket holder too and go to every game week in and week out and know more of football than any of us miles away from you.
Maybe you play for Dundee reserves, who knows?

Enjoy playing football on your PS and imagine how great your football knowledege is.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,208 times
lol...Pete's no glory hunter. In the U.S we have limited access to football in general. EPL is one of the few leagues that thankfully we can even follow. Putting that aside say Manchester United win the CL, and Pete goes to work with his United jersey...u know what..nobody at his work even knows nor cares about the CL...where's the "glory" in that?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM

Great come backs Pete! Usual from you though.

I'm not crying its a bloody football forum or haven't you noticed.

Now you are throwing the same accusations as you throw at other people who notice your lack of footballing knowledge, and general debating technique.

"Your football knowledge is so limited you are not even aware of that.
But, you are probably a season ticket holder too and go to every game week in and week out and know more of football than any of us miles away from you.
Maybe you play for Dundee reserves, who knows?"

Sounds familiar to me.

Your replies indicate even more to me your immature ways to have a debate. I know I have football knowledge, my whole family has. You don't, but hey, thats just my opinion! Your welcome to yours but at least try and change you tedious replies now and again.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 AM

Get some education first and then we can debate, even football if you like.
Instead of throwing non sense posts and make poor statements like you and your family know football, Man U fans are glory hunters etc try read something and educate yourself.
It is not Ok to sit down in front of the computer at 4:00 am and fight with people overseas who don't understand football.
BTW, you didn't answer any of my questions in my previous 2-3 posts. All you have to say is that I don't know football and attack people. Read the posts and give the answers.

Your views are very general. This is classic you: I remember in the days before the Euro 2012 when you started the histeria of how Polish and Ukrainian people are hooligans, how the Euros will never see its end, there will be war on the streets between hooligans, blah blah blah. We all know what happened and it was not even close to what Rangers fans did in Manchester. You have very general and limited knowledge not only about footbal but many things in life and it shows here, in your posts. That is why I am replying to you in the way I do to show you that. You talk about different nations that first of all you don't know where they are on map, let alone know your culture and way of life. Oh, yeah, few Poznan fans broke few windows in your beatiful Dundee and since then you know that all Polish fans are hooligans. Like in Scotland, fans, sorry suporters never fight with each other. Oh, they are Scottish, they are well educated. When Russian fans fought yours inside the stadium a few months ago it was their fault, right? I am not standing in their defence, but you never happened to mention that it was your supporters that started it by provoking the away set of fans. See Paul, I am reading papers to get information, not what you here are trying to picture. Get some real facts, read a bit more and we can talk.

Last edited by Pete MUFC; 10-16-2012 at 06:18 AM..

Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 AM

First off, I never said Man U fans were glory hunters?? I also said what Rangers done in Manchester was shocking. See you don't have a clue. Maybe my opinions aren't as "riveting" as yours I guess Pete, with you hilarious insults and oh so well thought out jokes that I look forward to skipping past when I scroll down.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I think Manchester United fans from 6,000 kilometres away are glory hunters yes, sue me! My team is years behind but I'll keep going, because I don't just go for trophies Pete I'm a SUPPORTER not a foreign "FAN" like you. Football is one of the most important things in my life, can you say the same?? Maybe that makes me a fool but it occupies a good chunk of my life.
This is exactly what you said.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM

You don't understand a lot of things and never answer my questions as you are clueless about the leagues you mentioned before.
You may know a lot about a Scottish league which is fine, but that doesn't mean you know more than many people on this board.
As a matter of fact many posters here are expats to US from UK or other countries where football is huge but you and your friend are trying to prove that they know nothing about the game. And by their posts I realized they are more aware of what is going on in EPL and other leagues and have more knowledge than you and that other fella from over there.

~ Pete the Glory hunter

Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM

I clearly remember saying Manchester United fans 6,000 KILOMETRES away were glory hunters. They do have supporters from the Greater Manchester area you do know You have a decent league where you live. You act like your a full blooded Man U fan, you hate Liverpool etc! The rivalry is because people from Manchester have a rivalry with people from Liverpool, yes the success of the clubs make it a rivalry but geographically it is a rivalry, again you live 6,000 kilometres away from Manchester and Liverpool.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 AM

And what about other clubs supporters from 6000 km away?
Are they glory hunters too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer