Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 AM

921 posts, read 1,095,064 times

Advertisements

I don't hate Liverpool. It looks to me you hate Man Utd more than lots of Liverpool fans I know of.
And yes I have decent league here, as a matter of fact it is better and more entertaining to watch than your rather boring SPL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
They aren't supporters they are fans, there is nothing wrong with it but you can't deny the most successful clubs have the most, not all, but most fans in the states. Look you give me grief for doing nothing more than supporting my local and national side or because I don't like the manager. So if you are free to do that I can voice my opinion on your choice of team, only fair, and it is only my opinion.

And I like the SPL, it's not your cup of tea but guess what I'll continue supporting it because I am not in it for the glory! We have clubs and players with more success and history in a country of only 5 million than your clubs can only dream of!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:31 AM

Twisting words is what you do.
You blamed your manager for Scotland's not so bright start of qualifications.
I said it is not the manager it is the players capabilities for the dismal start of your national team campaign. I can understand If that hurts you but it is what it is.
I never said I like your manager, you can put Mourinho in and will still get the same results.
Simple as that, Scotland is not good enough, it is their fans, sorry, supporters, that are trying to picture Scotland like a major force in international football, which Scotland obviously not.
Yes, your clubs have history and won titles, but they have history of cheating and cooking their books (Rangers anybody) so what about that?

My country national team is average and I never say that they are going to do this or that as they simply can't. It will be better for you to start understanding this very same for your team.

I am not dreaming of those things (winning titles etc), there are many other more important things in life than screaming after people knocking the ball you know.
As it stands MLS is way ahead of SPL so you better start think about that.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Simple as that, Scotland is not good enough, it is their fans, sorry, supporters, that are trying to picture Scotland like a major force in international football, which Scotland obviously not.
Yes, your clubs have history and won titles, but they have history of cheating and cooking their books (Rangers anybody) so what about that?

Summed up Man Utd right there Pete.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Gary Hooper, Johhny Russell, Miku, Victor Wanyama, Samaras, James Forrest, Jon Daly, Adam Matthews, Emilio Izaguirre, Kris Commons, Charlie Mulgrew, Gary Mackay-Steven etc would get in any team in the states. We have a team who just beat one of Europes richest clubs in the champions league who have 4 points after two games ...... and a team that has won Europes top competition. Again for a country of 5 million. We have the 2nd highest nationality of players to have played in Englands top league. Yes your league in the THIRD biggest country on earth maybe slightly better than the SPL at present, though not by much if any. But you have money and buy up central and south Americans..... oh and players with one foot on retirement, big deal!

And I rest my case you are delusional if you think I am saying Scotland could become an international force, yet more froth coming out your mouth.

At least we can agree on one thing Rangers are a cheating disgrace.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM

And Liverpool too .
See, you are jumping into my discussions too John

Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM

Now now lads. Leave it out.

Ah here leave it out ORIGINAL VIDEO - YouTube

Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post

At least we can agree on one thing Rangers are a cheating disgrace.
And Celtic are not, right?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
See, you are jumping into my discussions too John
Only because you are bringing me into them.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Gary Hooper, Johhny Russell, Miku, Victor Wanyama, Samaras, James Forrest, Jon Daly, Adam Matthews, Emilio Izaguirre, Kris Commons, Charlie Mulgrew, Gary Mackay-Steven etc would get in any team in the states.
And these are all great players? Haha, what a joke.
Typical Scottish fan, try to make average look like extraordinary...
Samaras, hehe, the guy floped in EPL as I remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer