Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,247,756 times

Advertisements

Will Courtois be able to play against Chelsea now? I have heard conflicting opinions that Atletico has to pay Chelsea 3M per game due to the loan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Yeah he will, UEFA said that 3M thing wont work.
Champions League: Chelsea insist Thibaut Courtois can play in semi-finals | Football News | Sky Sports

Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
Um La liga is the Number 1 league in europe this season. EPL just made it back to the #2 spot. EPL hasn't been the best since 2010-2011. Using a 5 year average LA liga is still the best league in europe. Don't belive me then just look at the UEFA coefficient.
England can thank the great play of Chelsea in Europe over the last 3 or 4 seasons for that.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Hoping for an Athletico vs Bayern final here. I love to see Chelski fail and drop $100 million on new players over the summer and not really get anything for their money.
United will be lucky if they're playing on Thursday nights next season.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Everyone knows epl is top dog for gods sake, you'll disagree with anything
oh really, how many EPL teams are left in europe? 2 how many La liga teams are left? 5 if you want to watch the league with the most quality you watch La liga.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:33 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Best league not best team, can you read? So because bundesliga has Bayern they are better than the epl who has around 8 class teams and is the most competetive and watched league in the world?

Viewing figures don't lie.

I am Scottish I am not bigging the EPL up, trust me. But to deny it is the best league in the world is laughable. And it was only a few years back when English clubs filled 3 out of 4 of the semi places.

And it is not about having one or two quality clubs, the EPL has quality in depth.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Best league not best team, can you read? So because bundesliga has Bayern they are better than the epl who has around 8 class teams and is the most competetive and watched league in the world?

Did I even mention bayern?u say england has 8 class teams? that's y in the quarter-final stage of european competition there was only 2 english sides while la liga had 5? I'm not saying bundesliga is better than EPL. This year EPL has been better than the bundesliga But la Liga is the best LEAGUE in the world right now in terms of quality.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:

I am Scottish I am not bigging the EPL up, trust me. But to deny it is the best league in the world is laughable. And it was only a few years back when English clubs filled 3 out of 4 of the semi places.

And it is not about having one or two quality clubs, the EPL has quality in depth.
if you want to talk about depth look at how 5th place sevilla and 8th place Valencia are in the semi-finals of the europa league while england has no teams left. without question la liga has the most talent from top to bottom

Old 04-11-2014, 01:24 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
English clubs don't care about the Europa league. I stay in the UK and the teams are absolutely desperate for either 4th or 6th, as they see the Europa as to much hassle and a distraction of staying in the EPL. Money talks.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
if you want to talk about depth look at how 5th place sevilla and 8th place Valencia are in the semi-finals of the europa league while england has no teams left. without question la liga has the most talent from top to bottom
You're talking about the Europa League. England had 3 entrants into it this year; Wigan (who is currently in the second division of England), Swansea City (who is currently in the bottom half of the Premiere League) and Tottenham (who have had very little European success in the last decade plus). It's not really that big of a surprise how those clubs performed. Spurs lost to an inform Benfica side that could very well win the Europa League this year. It's not that much of a knock to lose to a club like that.

You put Liverpool, or Everton in place of Wigan and Swansea; I am going to bet they would have performed a lot better. Heck with the form Liverpool are in, they could have very well made a solid run in the Champions League this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer