Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 02:03 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,030,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
why that's a really personal decision for him to make and you shouldn't judge him for it.
What if a really talented American football (soccer) player with Polish parents was born and raised in Chicago and went to play for the Polish team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 06:59 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
What if a really talented American football (soccer) player with Polish parents was born and raised in Chicago and went to play for the Polish team?
This happened with Giuseppe Rossi, the talented forward currently with Fiorientina. He was born and raised in New Jersey, US and chose to play for Italy (his parents were Italian immigrants). He already has 27 caps for Italy. He'd surely be a top 5 player on the US Nat'l team.

Anyway, where's that Saurez fanatic? Have to say I loved that goal he scored last week, great balance and determination.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,053 times
Quote:
that's fine. you asking a person who already does that. My mom is from venezuela and dad is from colombia but I was born in the usa. now which national teams do you think I support?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,030,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
that's fine. you asking a person who already does that. My mom is from venezuela and dad is from colombia but I was born in the usa. now which national teams do you think I support?
I don't know with who your relationship is stronger, mother or father and how much you love the country your living in?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Ill keep it short, its Colombia.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,919 times
Quote:
The guy was born and raised in Belgium, if he won't end up playing for the Belgium National Football Team i won't support his career.
Yes, I must admit I'll also be unhappy if he won't choose for us. He was born and bred here, had most of his formation at the Anderlecht youth academy (until ManU came with the big bucks ).

When it comes to football, I think we simply should go with where the player was born and/or spent the biggest part of his childhood (well I guess, unless he's the son of a diplomat or something). At least Zakaria Bakkali of PSV has chosen for us now instead of Morocco .

Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,919 times
And Miamihurricane, I'm also going with Colombia

Old 10-09-2013, 01:15 PM

53 posts, read 99,420 times
Its a sad world when a lot of people don't like the countries where they live. Doesn't matter if they were born and raised there, they chose to live there.

If Januzaj feels he should play for Albania, well, why he just don't go and leave there since he loves that country?
His family left Kosovo in fear of Serbs, so why didn't they go to Albania but instead chose Belgium? They could have just cross the border instead of going half the Europe away and most likely seeking asylum.
Maybe they were so scared they chose to run as far away as possible...yeah right.
Same with people who live in the states. So many of them have been here for ages, having their kids born and raised here, still, for some reason they are dreaming of their countries. The door is not closed you know.....

Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,250,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19782009 View Post
Its a sad world when a lot of people don't like the countries where they live. Doesn't matter if they were born and raised there, they chose to live there.
I don't think he really chose anything, he was a child.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:39 PM

53 posts, read 99,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I don't think he really chose anything, he was a child.
I don't think he was even born.
Anyway, maybe one day he will go back and live in Albania. (And he is not from Albania BTW).
And, no, I am not talking just about him. I am talking about so many people who actually "chose" to live in other countries, yet they don't like the countries where they live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer