Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,179 times

Advertisements

The Germans faced a weakened wilted Brazilian football team.

An unrealistic blowout loss for Brazil. Yet another mega unexpected surprise in this 2014 World Cup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 06:04 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,989,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
??? legacy changing? Its called a bad game.

I guess the Denver Broncos should sack peyton Manning..fire their coaches...rethink their whole draft system because of one blowout? Lol
Getting blown out in the World Cup when your the host country is worst than losing the Superbowl because the World Cup only happens once every 4 years as oppose to the Superbowl which is every year. Comparing a Broncos loss in the Superbowl to a top tier Brazilian National team losing in the semi-finals the way they did is laughable. They were representing the entire country of Brazil as oppose to the Broncos, who were representing an area of only about 2 million people.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:25 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,003,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Getting blown out in the World Cup when your the host country is worst than losing the Superbowl because the World Cup only happens once every 4 years as oppose to the Superbowl which is every year. Comparing a Broncos loss in the Superbowl to a top tier Brazilian National team losing in the semi-finals the way they did is laughable. They were representing the entire country of Brazil as oppose to the Broncos, who were representing an area of only about 2 million people.
Wait??? Who said that? An actual broadcast anouncer? That's absurd and laughable! The Super Bowl is on par with maybe, maybe a champions league final, maybe. Even that's too generous. The WC is on par with the summer Olympics. Even greater. Brazil is a country of 200 million people. Denver is a city of half a million+ people.

Peyton lost in front of an American audience of 100+ million. The Brazilians in front of the world.

This shows how insular some Americans are when it comes to soccer. This loss is on a thousand or so news orgs around the world...... I'll just stop right there.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:47 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,623,242 times
Is there any possibility of a fix being in on the Brazil vs Germany game?

Old 07-08-2014, 06:56 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Is there any possibility of a fix being in on the Brazil vs Germany game?
No.... Brazil sucked.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:12 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I totally agree. I've seen a few people try to compare this to the Broncos losing and it's just really dumb. To equate the Broncos with Brazil anyway makes no sense. Brazil has won 5 World Cups, for crying out loud. To even begin to compare, the Super Bowl would have to be held every 4 years, be a huge international competition, and the Broncos would have hosted it in Denver after having won more Super Bowls than anyplace else. AND after spending tons of money they don't have to host it.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:17 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,054 times
Omg, I have never seen anything like this before. It was just goal after goal after goal, Germany was relentless

Old 07-08-2014, 07:18 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,069 times
I have no words

Old 07-08-2014, 07:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
No.... Brazil sucked.
It was sad to see the Brazilians cry, but Germany was awesome.
I am hoping the Netherlands win tomorrow.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:29 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,731,918 times
I'm a long time Brazil fan and still can't believe the shameful performance they displayed today. There's no way it's fixed. I've never seen any team played so badly on a World Stage like this. This sucked more than when US lost to Belgium, because at least we put up a good fight till the very end. Brazil simply gave up after the first Germany goal. Good grief! How can you do that to your fans? Not to mention embarrass your country like that? Where is the Brazil I love? Their legendary style, their enviable footwork, their strong defense and quick offense? Even saying I'm done with Brazil doesn't erase this foul memory from my brain. Ugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer