Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 05:39 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
I have no words. I think everyone watching is equally shocked. The entire country of Germany must be ecstatic.
Maybe the entire continent of Europe as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,164,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Maybe the entire continent of Europe as well.
I am not ecstatic, I have seen England lose to Germany too many times on penalties in the past to be ecstatic, however I do wish the Dutch the best of luck tonight against the Argentinians, and would like to see a Germany v Netherlands final

Old 07-09-2014, 05:59 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times
I'm so proud of our boys. Even though after the 5 - 0 I was feeling sorry for the brazilian supporters crying in the stands. The game after 2-0 felt like a practice session. My country once again has proven that it is an tournament team. They are getting better every game. Now it is time to bring the 4th star back to Germany. It will be a great finalization of this great generation of German players who have faced so many tragic defeats in the past. This is Germanys tournament to lose.

Auf gehts!!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 06:01 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
Well, as you know, I predicted Germany from day one - lets just say I haven't changed my mind!

Old 07-09-2014, 06:33 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times
I had a lot of doubts. Especially with the injury of Marco Reus. But our boys pulled through. Great WC so far from Germany. I really hope we play Argentina in the Final. I kind of have a feeling that the Brazilian audience woul be on our side.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 AM

750 posts, read 1,064,995 times
For those who are still wondering what in the world happened yesterday.

There is no question Germany has a better team than Brazil and it will be an absolute shame if they don't win the trophy on Sunday because they are far better than Argentina and Netherlands too, period.

Yesterday, Germany received an unbelievable gift from the stupid and obsolete Brazilian coach, who was assigned to manage the team by a corrupt anf greedy soccer confederation.

Of all tactical alternatives to make up for Neymar and Thiago Silva absence (pretty much the best 2 players), the idiotic coach chose the one most likely to generate a disaster! With a strong team like German that has a talented midfield as their creative engine and an equally talented attack and solid defense, you just don't go out there and try to start attacking them with players who have not played together in the WC before. That was just plain stupid! What in the world was he thinking? Of course, German took advantage of all spaces created, as they should, and scored 4 goals in 6-7 minutes, when the team pretty much went into state of panic. It was too late, could not be stopped. The second half ended 2x1 to Germany because Brazil had time to breathe a little and get reorganized, sort of. As a Brazilian I have to say it was very much well deserved for the Germans and I hope that coach don't ever get close to the "Seleção" again.

Unfortunately, Brazil is poised to keep underperforming until they get rid of all the dirt and corrupt managers who control our soccer confederation. We should first "clean up the house" and then recognize that right now, while we still have a few talented players, we do not have any coach of quality domestically, they all have ancient skills and rely on motivational techniques inspired by our glorious past in soccer. That is NOT how soccer works anymore, the "small teams" did a great job in this WC because they have evolved tactically. The ultimate proof was how Ghana and Algeria played agianst Germany. We should start from scratch and bring a foreign coach, someone with a modern tactical view and put the pride aside.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:41 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,488 times
I just found out that today is Argentina's independence day. So, that's gonna motivate the Argentinian team to give it their all today. And you know that the stadium will be full of Argentinians.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:56 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Quote:
As a Brazilian I have to say it was very much well deserved for the Germans
and I hope that coach don't ever get close to the "
Seleção"
again.

Regarding the lop-sided victory, the Germans looked like machines out there. As for Brazil, the game kind of showed that they were in a sense a like a paper mache tiger. They won through the tournament with kind of of an unconvincing command and at the last they just wilted with the pressure.

As for the future, they'll no doubt take steps to fix the problems noted. But on another thing I'd say Brazil really really has bigger problems than simply losing the WC. As one individual noted 'we need hospitals and schools'. A point to ponder.

Looking to see Germany-Netherlands in final.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:01 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Well, as you know, I predicted Germany from day one - lets just say I haven't changed my mind!
You did, well done, I picked Brasil, oops. Just thought no matter what they would avenge their 1950 loss at home.

Today I'm wearing my Muller jersey to work at the office, many around me have no idea of the magnitude of what happened yesterday.

Just hope the Brasilian goats (Fred, Scolari, Oscar, Fernandinho, etal.) can live their lives in peace. Some of them surely can't wait to get back to the UK.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:24 AM

750 posts, read 1,064,995 times
It is nothing personnal, but I also would like to lay down a few words to the Brazilian soccer haters out there.

For a lot of those who did not understand the circumstances of this historical 7x1 loss yesterday and is bashing the Brazilian soccer fans by taking advantage of the sad situation, honestly, that is just reserved for those who can't be successful competing in the field and have to ultimately rely on celebrating their own failures and vacant past in soccer with somebody else's triumph over their enemies. It is pretty much a coward way to seek satisfaction. The German players, who are far from fools know much better, for they have been nothing but collegial and professional about the situation. They know that a win in the field today can be shadowed by an equally important loss tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer