Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 01:38 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
how does a small third world resort country known for scuba diving, beaches, and coffee kick the ass of a industrialized Euro country where foosball is the bomb?
Home continent advantage. I realized how dangerous Costa Rica was after their 2nd-half performance against Uruguay (Uruguay is a very decent team). I was delighted to watch them take Italy apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
I disagree. Netherlands has had a strong showing, and it was the runner-up at the last cup. At the rate it's going, it could certainly win. Brazil couldn't even defeat Mexico, for crying out loud. I think the final will come down to Netherlands vs Germany.
From what I heard, Mexico's goalie was single-handedly responsible for keeping the game from being 5-0 in favor of Brazil. Every recap of the game I have read has praised his brilliant performance at keeping the ball out of the net. - Mexico Goalie Saves [VIDEO]: Guillermo 'Memo' Ochoa Shines vs Brazil in Group A Thriller : FIFA-World-Cup-2014 : Sports World News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 01:55 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,802 times
Obscene performance for the Italian team: lazy, slow, unwilling to run, arrogant, tacticless.
If they don't wake up, they are going to have their ass pounded on 24 June against Urugay.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:09 PM

58 posts, read 94,754 times
Wow Costa Rica, just WOW!! They have beaten the crap out of 6 World Cups (2 Uruguay+4 Italy) and both deserved wins. Bravo ticos, or as they say "Pura vida!!!"
Imagine they defeat England as well :P They'd probably be the darkest horse in this WC even if they don't make it to the quarter-finals.

Switzerland 2-5 France. France is having so easy to score, Benzema looks fit and he is goal hungry. France is not being given credit in this WC, and as silly as I sound, I want France to win now. More so than Germany or Italy. But since my country has done the utter ridiculous, I'm supporting pretty much everyone, except Brazil and Argentina.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:15 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Switzerland with two more late goals, but this time their rally fell way short

Old 06-20-2014, 03:18 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,169 times
Poor Italy....nut theres still Germany and Brazil....

Brazil will probably win, just because they are the home team.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:19 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,534 times
Sorry i saw part of this at a restaurant during lunch. How did France NOT get a red card for that kick to the head??

Old 06-20-2014, 04:05 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
COSTA RICA!!!

this WC has me at the edge of my seat all the time!!! Literally the best WC ever this early!

OMG, so many upsets, so many goals, so many unexpected things

BEST WORLD CUP EVER

Old 06-20-2014, 04:27 PM

3,983 posts, read 6,791,114 times
France, Germany and the Netherlands. Those are the 3 European teams that will make it until the quarter-finals.

The other 5 teams in the quarter-finals will be Latin-American.

This World Cup in Brazil will be the World Cup of Latin America.

But who will advance to the semi-finals is a thing that I won't risk trying to predict...

Old 06-20-2014, 05:16 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
This histrionics and acting out is ridiculous. I know that these guys are trying to fake the refs out, but I can't believe these "athletes". One second a player is in so much agony that you'd think he never would walk again, and 30-seconds later, he's sprinting down the field with the ball.....rub some ****ing dirt on it.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:21 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
This histrionics and acting out is ridiculous. I know that these guys are trying to fake the refs out, but I can't believe these "athletes". One second a player is in so much agony that you'd think he never would walk again, and 30-seconds later, he's sprinting down the field with the ball.....rub some ****ing dirt on it.

I agree, and it's one reason I can never truly get into soccer. Well, it's that and the fact that it's impossible to watch an entire game without being completely and utterly bored. "Oh, his foot got somewhere near my leg. I must now fall to the ground, wiggle, grab my leg, scream, and cry. Look, we get the ball now, so I'm perfectly fine." The worst times are when a guy gets hit in the arm and grabs his leg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer