Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 07:11 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,743,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
How I hope and wish it was other than The Usual Suspects (i.e., Germany, France, Netherlands, Brazil) heading towards the WC finals.

Would love to see others get into the mix someday.
Me too! Sick of the "usual suspects" BS. It would be so cool if Colombia and Costa Rica make it into the semifinals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,926,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
Clueless, this was the biggest dive of the game, it doesn't require soccer IQ to tell he flopped. just because Marquez made contact with Robben the PK was called (robben felt the contact and dove). in Brazil's controversial PK there was contact on Fred and just after that contact Fred threw himself back, everyone called Fred out for that, now that Robben did the same thing its all fine because Holland and robben deserved a PK because of the previous kicks given to robben (he admitted to diving) in the box. unbelievable.

A clear PK , please. even after Hector Herrera got kicked in the HEAD, in the box, no PK was called, oh, I know why it wasn't called, because Herrera DIDN'T THROW HIMSELF in the box, and continued fighting for the ball and tried to score. maybe if he would of flopped the ref would have called it, just maybe.
the refs seem to carry a bias in favor of the traditional powers judging by the way the games have gone until now, was hoping Mexico would have been able to overcome this.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:13 PM

3,556 posts, read 4,376,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
Clueless, this was the biggest dive of the game, it doesn't require soccer IQ to tell he flopped. just because Marquez made contact with Robben the PK was called (robben felt the contact and dove). in Brazil's controversial PK there was contact on Fred and just after that contact Fred threw himself back, everyone called Fred out for that, now that Robben did the same thing its all fine because Holland and robben deserved a PK because of the previous kicks given to robben (he admitted to diving) in the box. unbelievable.

A clear PK , please. even after Hector Herrera got kicked in the HEAD, in the box, no PK was called, oh, I know why it wasn't called, because Herrera DIDN'T THROW HIMSELF in the box, and continued fighting for the ball and tried to score. maybe if he would of flopped the ref would have called it, just maybe.
As much as I would have preferred Mexico to win, I'm sure any Mexican player would have done as Robben did had the opportunity presented itself. It's an unfortunate part of the game which I - as a relatively newcomer to the game - grossly detest.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:18 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,589,834 times
Jozy Altidore will be available tomorrow, Belgium however is in dire straits fitness wise:

Belgium injury update: Thomas Vermaelen out; Vincent Kompany still doubtful | ProSoccerTalk

Old 06-30-2014, 08:27 PM

330 posts, read 543,855 times
Mañana: Argentina vs. Switzerland!

Lawd my heart...

Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 PM

5,886 posts, read 10,496,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
Mañana: Argentina vs. Switzerland!

Lawd my heart...

After seeing how much Brazil, Netherlands, France and Germany struggeled to win R16 (particulary brasil and germany) im PANICKED about tomorrow. I have amazing plans to see it with a lot of friends in san martin square with the giant screen and thousand of insane people again, but what i REALLY want to do is to go to an isolated cave from 1pm to 4pm and then find out how it went after is all over. My heart might not be able to resist the match

Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 PM

5,344 posts, read 3,848,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
After seeing how much Brazil, Netherlands, France and Germany struggeled to win R16 (particulary brasil and germany) im PANICKED about tomorrow. I have amazing plans to see it with a lot of friends in san martin square with the giant screen and thousand of insane people again, but what i REALLY want to do is to go to an isolated cave from 1pm to 4pm and then find out how it went after is all over. My heart might not be able to resist the match
Find a recording of France's game against Switzerland and rest easy...Messi 3, Switzerland 1

Old 06-30-2014, 09:13 PM

5,344 posts, read 3,848,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Jozy Altidore will be available tomorrow, Belgium however is in dire straits fitness wise:

Belgium injury update: Thomas Vermaelen out; Vincent Kompany still doubtful | ProSoccerTalk
Altidore > Van Buyten...some of the time, anyway. US might win this game if the lineups we'd project right now are the ones in use come 4 PM tomorrow

Old 06-30-2014, 09:17 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,938,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Find a recording of France's game against Switzerland and rest easy...Messi 3, Switzerland 1
You make it sound like the Swiss defense has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 PM

5,886 posts, read 10,496,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post

OMG, i hope you are right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer