Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times

Advertisements

Altidore is available?! Yes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 09:44 PM

5,483 posts, read 3,926,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You make it sound like the Swiss defense has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.
That was certainly how it appeared in the first 70 minutes vs. France. Abnormally bad performance, sure, but I'd be surprised not to see multiple goals out of ARG tomorrow

Old 06-30-2014, 09:46 PM

330 posts, read 545,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
After seeing how much Brazil, Netherlands, France and Germany struggeled to win R16 (particulary brasil and germany) im PANICKED about tomorrow. I have amazing plans to see it with a lot of friends in san martin square with the giant screen and thousand of insane people again, but what i REALLY want to do is to go to an isolated cave from 1pm to 4pm and then find out how it went after is all over. My heart might not be able to resist the match
I swear, these games are going to have me looking 80 by the time it's all said and done.

Wonder if Sabella will maintain the same 4-3-3 formation with Lavezzi in the line-up in place of Aguero? Or will he go for a 4-4-2?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Find a recording of France's game against Switzerland and rest easy...Messi 3, Switzerland 1
Ottmar Hitzfeld said that he has a full proof plan to stop Messi....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You make it sound like the Swiss defense has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.
I've been boycotting it for 5 days now, I won't stop until the swiss go home.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:58 PM

5,483 posts, read 3,926,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
Ottmar Hitzfeld said that he has a full proof plan to stop Messi....
I'll believe that when I see it

"Messi dependencia" (not sure if I got that right, heh) notwithstanding, if you devote all your energies to stopping him then watch Kun Aguero bust out with a couple goals. And ignore Di Maria at your own peril. They could try to play it ultra-defensively like Iran did...but I have a feeling the game's going to be more like Argentina's game against Nigeria. Either way I'll be surprised if it's much of a contest.

edit to say that I googled "Messi dependencia", and it seems that some use it as one word...Messidependencia, heh

Old 07-01-2014, 05:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
So, 6 games into the 8 of the Round of 16. Even though there have been some close games, ALL of the group winners have advanced through this round.

I really hope today will be the stunners with both runners-up advancing. I'm pulling hard for the Swiss in addition to us.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Two great games coming up. As for the US I know we want it bad. Thing is we're prepared. Many are called few are chosen! Could be something in there that some if the 'powers' are out the US is still standing. One game at a time. This one is tough but at this stage every game gets tougher. I do hope they dig deep and match up to the Belgians. I like others know we have a great chance! hehe think good things US fans!

Old 07-01-2014, 10:40 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
How have the Swiss not scored yet! They are going to regret missing that chance, Argentina will hit them against the run of play or with a good counter.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:03 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
I like Argentina but a part of me wants Switzerland to go through, if only to shut up all those people who were ridiculing them before the WC started.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:06 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
I wish all of the teams' uniforms were designed by Adidas. Look at how cool and stylish the Argentinian team's uniforms look (with the stripes and all). If I recall correctly, Adidas designed the uniforms for various teams in the 1994 world cup. The Adidas uniforms in all the different national colors looked really cool.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:09 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
I wish all of the teams' uniforms were designed by Adidas. Look at how cool and stylish the Argentinian team's uniforms look (with the stripes and all). If I recall correctly, Adidas designed the uniforms for various teams in the 1994 world cup. The Adidas uniforms in all the different national colors looked really cool.
Adidas did not make all of the uniforms for the 1994 World Cup. Each country has their own contract with the manufacturers. Adidas, Nike and Puma are the big 3, with Adidas and Nike pretty much splitting the larger, more prominent nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer