Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 01:16 PM

471 posts, read 621,886 times

Advertisements

Well, Miami Beach is about to sink due to the huge amount of real football fans watching the world cup, I have never witnessed that during NFL games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 01:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Well, Miami Beach is about to sink due to the huge amount of real football fans watching the world cup, I have never witnessed that during NFL games.
Probably because most of Miami is people from South America and Europe

Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM

60 posts, read 64,113 times
@burgler09 also because the state of Florida has some pretty bad football teams. Even the University of Florida bailed on them.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:21 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
To be fair, Miami is more of a bandwagon town than an REAL pro sports town with loyal fans (see Games 3 and 4 of this past NBA Finals), but to think that NO ONE in Florida cares about the NFL in that state, especially when you factor in the number of football stars that grew up in Florida, is absolutely ridiculous.

That's pure, blind bias...

Old 06-29-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
To be fair, Miami is more of a bandwagon town than an REAL pro sports town with loyal fans (see Games 3 and 4 of this past NBA Finals), but to think that NO ONE in Florida cares about the NFL in that state, especially when you factor in the number of football stars that grew up in Florida, is absolutely ridiculous.

That's pure, blind bias...
hahah, yeah I lived in Miami for a while and remember going to a Panthers vs Wings game. I'm from Michigan so I wore my wings jersey.. I was nervous people would give me a hard time. There were more Red Wings fans than Panthers fans..

Remember when the University of Miami had a good football team? Remember the crowd? Check it out now, no one goes besides the students. Even my other university, University of Kansas sells out just about every game.. and they SUCK.

No one is a fan of anything in Miami unless they're winning.

When I was there, the Heat had 5 dollar tickets and were offering to pay your metro rail ticket for going.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:29 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahah, yeah I lived in Miami for a while and remember going to a Panthers vs Wings game. I'm from Michigan so I wore my wings jersey.. I was nervous people would give me a hard time. There were more Red Wings fans than Panthers fans..
They shouldn't even have a hockey team.

There are only about 4 southern "non-traditional" hockey markets that work. Miami ain't one of 'em.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Wrong.

Association football never existed. The name of the sport has always been football.

The NFL is a TV show, were a ball is not used, that thing being thrown is a Vesica Piscis, that is the name of the object.
So, you don't even try to address Harrier's source - a Michigan State University sports economics professor - who wrote a scholarly paper which debunked the myth that the name of soccer has always been "football".

You prefer to be willfully ignorant, rather than confront FACTS.

Got it.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Remember when the University of Miami had a good football team?
Harrier does.

The University of Washington won the NCAA football championship in 1991.

They beat the Uniiversity of Miami.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Probably because most of Miami is people from South America and Europe
Don't forget Cuba.

Mariel Boatlift - 1980.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
They shouldn't even have a hockey team.

There are only about 4 southern "non-traditional" hockey markets that work. Miami ain't one of 'em.
hahaha, I feel bad for the Panthers though... they will always have a place in my heart.

I think it was crazy to open up a pro hockey team in Atlanta, there are way too many black people there to really make money in hockey.

I don't think that having a team in the south is all that bad though, but it depends which part of the south. I sure wouldn't risk millions on opening a team in New Orleans.

I think the biggest problem with the Panthers is just being run poorly, the Lightning don't do too bad at all. I don't think it's much the climate as it is the demographic in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer