Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 05:37 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,846,946 times

Advertisements

Suarez got off way too easy. I wonder how many endorsements he loses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 06:26 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Suarez got off way too easy. I wonder how many endorsements he loses?
Probably none, this isn't even his first offense

Old 06-26-2014, 08:57 PM

5,456 posts, read 3,906,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Probably none, this isn't even his first offense
Might lose his rumored Barcelona transfer, though. Given a hypothetical bite-free Suarez on Barcelona, they might never lose a game in any competition for the next five years...aging Xavi or no aging Xavi.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:04 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,069 times
He is a cannibal

should be banned for life, that guy is a danger for others

Old 06-26-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
He is a cannibal

should be banned for life, that guy is a danger for others
That's a bit harsh, Sophie. Biting a person does not equal cannibalism. He's...odd, and volatile, but not a cannibal. He's also one of the most talented soccer players in the world, if that means anything (it may or may not). You may or may not be biased against him as an Argentinian.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:42 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
My guess is that Suarez probably does this on a regular basis to get rid of the defense. He probably also uses racial slurs to anger the and make them lose control.

He is a very talented player but he is playing dirty and he got caught. His team is screwed now.

I think it's funny how his team and most Uruguayans defend his actions. Could they be more irrational?

Old 06-26-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
My guess is that Suarez probably does this on a regular basis to get rid of the defense.

He is a very talented player but he is playing dirty and he got caught. His team is screwed now.

I think it's funny how his team and most Uruguayans defend his actions. Could they be more irrational?
He's done this exactly three times...he's been under a microscope long enough for us to have an exact count...once with Ajax against PSV Eindhoven, once with Liverpool against Chelsea, now this one. It's out of frustration and nothing else...there's really no practical benefit in soccer to biting your opponent. Not like it's going to go unreported/unnoticed....

Old 06-26-2014, 09:46 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
That's a bit harsh, Sophie. Biting a person does not equal cannibalism. He's...odd, and volatile, but not a cannibal. He's also one of the most talented soccer players in the world, if that means anything (it may or may not). You may or may not be biased against him as an Argentinian.

All i see on tv is people defending Suarez, cause he is a "brother", people saying all kinds of things about FIFA not only on tv but everywhere....all defending our "latinamerican brother" Suarez.

So believe me, if i were biased for being argentinian i should be defending the guy.

I just think theres no way he can go on matches BITING people, you know? It is just sick.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
All i see on tv is people defending Suarez, cause he is a "brother", people saying all kinds of things about FIFA not only on tv but everywhere....all defending our "latinamerican brother" Suarez.

So believe me, if i were biased for being argentinian i should be defending the guy.

I just think theres no way he can go on matches BITING people, you know? It is just sick.
well in that case, I agree with you

Old 06-27-2014, 06:41 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,383 times
Quote:
He is a cannibal
heheh...funny and if I was at Liverpool this could be serious stuff.

They have alot to think about. Just think if this 'issue' comes up in training with other players well Pool has a real problem. They could be looked at as the 'Bite Club'..not very promising I'd say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer