Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 08:19 AM

264 posts, read 272,440 times

Advertisements

If workers were dying everyday at a prestigious construction site in the US or western Europe, I'm pretty sure it would be noticed by someone. The fact that the Qataris are so blasé about the horrific mortality rate tells you all you need to know about the rulers of that s*ithole.
I'm pretty certain that the WC, in its present form at least, will not take place in Qatar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 09:09 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Re:
'I'm pretty certain that the WC, in its present form at least, will not take place in Qatar'

That will be ver interesting. I will be faked out if they take it away from Qatar and Russia for that matter. And if that does happen I'm afraid people will be 'going after ' the U.S. in more ways than one in the Cups.

If the U.S. will be in them the medical staff perhaps will need to be on call for 24 hrs day on on and off the field. Also, I'd think refs would be under much pressure in US games. As we have seen football can be a nasty biz. It could get ugly out there. I wonder what's going through Mr. Klinsmann's head right now.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:56 AM

609 posts, read 505,796 times
I wonder how many people have died making our beloved iPads and Nike Air-Jordan Shoes in the "factories" in China.
I wonder how many slaves have died, making any of those cheap things we buy at WalMart or Target for $1 or less.
No, I'm not trying to minimize the death of people. I just wonder why people like to use it as an excuse to justify their true objectives.
Let's be honest here for a minute. The main goal of the USA is to control soccer, as they are finding out that it is a cash cow. The USA doesn't like to have the same voting power as Swaziland, Lesotho or Bahrain. That is the root cause of this witch hunt.
Does anyone remember how the USA was awarded the 1994 soccer world cup? Back then, nobody in this country even cared about soccer. It was just an "exotic" thing ... that immigrants liked, but Americans didn't understand why ... Talk Radio hosts ridiculed it. It was called a woman's sport, ... etc. All of the sudden ... Americans want to own it and run it like they have been running the UN?

Old 05-31-2015, 11:17 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
The main goal of the USA is to control soccer, as they are finding out that it is a cash cow. The USA doesn't like to have the same voting power as Swaziland, Lesotho or Bahrain. That is the root cause of this witch hunt.
No. Blatter and other FIFA minions used American banks to commence their fraud and payment schemes. This is why the Justice Department is involved. I think it's a hypocritical stand (especially given Lynch's past with civil asset forfeiture) but the scheme you've devised is ludicrous.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:28 AM

A brief chat about FIFA corruption with one half of Men in Blazers from NPR.

As The Soccer World Staggers, What's Next For FIFA? : NPR

Old 05-31-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
No. Blatter and other FIFA minions used American banks to commence their fraud and payment schemes. This is why the Justice Department is involved. I think it's a hypocritical stand (especially given Lynch's past with civil asset forfeiture) but the scheme you've devised is ludicrous.
It certainly is.

Theres a power struggle okay but the US action will be (rightfully) used by others to get their own objectives.
Oh and by the way, if you lot are actually running the UN could you up your game do it a bit better, please. Its been crap for years.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:50 PM

5,458 posts, read 8,176,344 times
Another victim of America's Finest News Source:
Accused FIFA Executive, Citing The Onion, Believes U.S. Is Hosting the World Cup Right Now - NBC News

Old 05-31-2015, 08:14 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Do you think there is no corruption in the NBA, NFL, and NHL?

Please....
Yep I'm sure there is. This is weird. Not only do I kind of like Sepp, but I find it weird that the USA's national investigation unit is involved in INTERNATIONAL soccer and arresting people--or whatever they're doing--who are not Americans.

Is it that big of a deal if the world cup is in Qatar or Russia? Maybe I'm missing something. Yes it may be dangerous for some people to go there...but then just don't go. Why try to put all of these guys in jail. And the extradition?

What if Canada or somethign came to the US and said HEY KINKYTOES, all these posts you put on CD are against Canadian Law. Come to Canada so we can try you and lock you up. I'd say Hell F'ing no. Come to my country and get me. If we can go after people like this for our interpretation of corruption, it sets a bad precedent. IMO

In some countries, what we consider a bribe or a kickback is just the way they do business. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll just be watching this unfold, popcorn in hand.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Yep I'm sure there is. This is weird. Not only do I kind of like Sepp, but I find it weird that the USA's national investigation unit is involved in INTERNATIONAL soccer and arresting people--or whatever they're doing--who are not Americans.
Because money was funneled through American companies.

You should actually take a good look at Sepp before declaring you like him. Take a look into his quotes about dealing with racism within football, homosexual fans in Qatar and female athletes.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post

Is it that big of a deal if the world cup is in Qatar or Russia? Maybe I'm missing something. Yes it may be dangerous for some people to go there...but then just don't go. Why try to put all of these guys in jail. And the extradition?

What if Canada or somethign came to the US and said HEY KINKYTOES, all these posts you put on CD are against Canadian Law. Come to Canada so we can try you and lock you up. I'd say Hell F'ing no. Come to my country and get me. If we can go after people like this for our interpretation of corruption, it sets a bad precedent. IMO

In some countries, what we consider a bribe or a kickback is just the way they do business. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll just be watching this unfold, popcorn in hand.
Im pretty sure Sepp is likeable, and if youre friendly with him probably almost supernaturally charming, just like you hear about Bill Clinton. But like Slick Willy that still doesnt stop him from being corrupt, amoral and as crooked as a bent corkscrew.
Id love to party with the likes of Clinton and Blatter , they would be unforgettable nights but i would make damn sure to leave my wallet behind first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer