U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 06:15 AM

1,871 posts, read 418,175 times

Advertisements

Transfer: Luis Súarez linked to high-profile move to the MLS.

The Uruguayan striker's deal at Camp Nou concludes next season, and the North American league would certainly appreciate to have him around.
Luis Suárez's time at the Camp Nou seems to be closing to an end, and even if the player wants to extend his current deal with Los Blaugranas, an MLS club has reportedly tempted the Uruguayan with the possibility of joining the North American league.

According to a report by Mundo Deportivo, the South American ace and his agent have kept in touch with MLS representatives who are interested in signing the player. The team in question would be none other than Inter Miami, owned by David Beckham.

The Spanish newspaper suggests that Suárez is considering the idea of leaving Barcelona, but he would do that once the 2021-22 season is over. Allegedly, Suárez intends to fulfill a clause in his contract that would trigger an automatic one-year extension if he plays 60% or more of next season's games.

The footballer's intentions might be to extend his stay at Camp Nou at least for a couple more years, but one of Suárez's teammates with the Uruguayan National Team, Nicolás Lodeiro, has shared Suárez's views on the league and his desire to play there at some point in his career in a recent interview.

"Luis wants to come to the MLS. He likes the league. He is always asking about it. I hope he can join Seattle Sounders. Bringing him to the league might not be an easy task, but I believe that it's just a matter of time for us to see him playing here," Lodeiro stated.

Suárez is currently working out with Barcelona thinking about Los Blaugranas' UCL tie against Napoli. Only time will tell if this approach by the North American team is fruitful.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 10:13 AM

7,599 posts, read 16,932,056 times
The worst thing about MLS is that theyre there on rumour engine. Its a joke. I mean if he does come to MLS to retire itll show how little that has improved since MLS started.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
The worst thing about MLS is that theyre there on rumour engine. Its a joke. I mean if he does come to MLS to retire itll show how little that has improved since MLS started.
I am with ya !!! Bolivian 2nd Division runs better than this Circus....And that is considering MLS is a 1st Division Category League per the same MLS Clowns

Old 07-30-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
I am with ya !!! Bolivian 2nd Division runs better than this Circus....And that is considering MLS is a 1st Division Category League per the same MLS Clowns
Ive had people tell me some MLS teams would survive in the PL lol. I love watching MLS because I love football. At least I am under no illusion that its a top flight league though.

Old 07-31-2020, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Ive had people tell me some MLS teams would survive in the PL lol. I love watching MLS because I love football. At least I am under no illusion that its a top flight league though.
A couple of MLS Teams thrown into the First Division in Mexico wouldn't be at the Top of the Table at the end of that Season. Nevermind the EPL. (I hope Becks gets to read this)

Old 07-31-2020, 05:32 AM

688 posts, read 181,109 times
Quote:
i think they would struggle in the championship, no way they could compete in the EPL

Old 07-31-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
i think they would struggle in the championship, no way they could compete in the EPL

Old 07-31-2020, 07:55 AM

I think MLS is League 1 or 2 at best. Thats the few clubs that have that superstart 40 year old retiree playing for them, they usually have the most money and could do league 1.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:20 AM

Teams that have been currently relegated from the TOP TIER in countries such as England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, could be in the MLS and here be Top Notch.

That is how far at the Club Level the MLS is so far behind the Eight Ball.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:35 AM

Blaise Matuidi says bout with COVID-19 led to his decision to join Inter Miami

A bout with COVID-19 helped sway midfielder Blaise Matuidi to leave Italian power Juventus and continue his career in the United States with Inter Miami.

Matuidi, the French World Cup winner who signed with Miami last week, revealed in an interview with L’Equipe newspaper that “the time had come for a change of direction” this summer after being quarantined from mid-March to early April with the coronavirus. Although he was asymptomatic, the scare had a profound effect on him.

“Being one of the first players to test positive for this virus made me reflect on the meaning of life,” he said.

“The first contact with Inter Miami was in December, but at the time, I said it was too early in my career. The Euros were coming up, and we didn’t have all these COVID problems. The way I saw it, I’d obviously stay at Juve.

“When they called me again in June, the context had changed. Staying in quarantine made my bond with my family stronger and made me realize I had to think more about them and what is best for my children. I looked back over my career and thought, what else are you looking for?”

He asked Juventus management to terminate his contract a year early and talks with Miami heated up.

Matuidi, 33, is happy to be reunited with Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham, who was his teammate at Paris Saint Germain in 2013. Matuidi is known for his ball-winning and ability to link the defense with the attack, making players around him better. The club is still shopping for a prolific goal scorer to fill the final Designated Player slot.

“He’s undoubtedly a player of a very high caliber,” Inter Miami coach Diego Alonso said on the team website. “We were monitoring him for a while and luckily we were able to close the deal.

“He’s a very dynamic player. It’s something we’ve been on the lookout for. A player that can help the team be more dynamic, that contributes quality in midfield and who can help us make a jump forward.

“He’s a versatile player who can play in several positions, be it centrally or out wide in midfield. That speaks to his ability. We are very happy with what he can provide for us on the pitch. Off the field, all the reports we received are exceptional. He’s a great guy, a great professional that will help us improve.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or