U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2018, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,987 posts, read 1,026,082 times
Reputation: 895

Advertisements

I was actually impressed with the US squad in the first half, you can tell France got their **** together at least 2nd round. Both teams deserve their respect.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2018, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,987 posts, read 1,026,082 times
Reputation: 895
Anyone else watched it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 04:47 PM
 
7,757 posts, read 3,520,537 times
Reputation: 9290
It was not a WC match. The USA did not qualify for the WC. The match was a friendly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,987 posts, read 1,026,082 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
It was not a WC match. The USA did not qualify for the WC. The match was a friendly.
But France is warming up for the WC using this match, hence why I said warm-up game. Although even then they didn’t impress France by much. But they at least tied...

The head injuries, that was just awful though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 05:01 PM
 
7,757 posts, read 3,520,537 times
Reputation: 9290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
But France is warming up for the WC using this match, hence why I said warm-up game. Although even then they didn’t impress France by much. But they at least tied...

The head injuries, that was just awful though.
I agree with you. The US squad at times looked very good. I am not as enthusiastic for the WC since the US did not qualify. If this line up had played maybe it would have qualified. I think the French were shell shocked when the US went up 1 nil.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,987 posts, read 1,026,082 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I agree with you. The US squad at times looked very good. I am not as enthusiastic for the WC since the US did not qualify. If this line up had played maybe it would have qualified. I think the French were shell shocked when the US went up 1 nil.
And there comments in YT that try to bash on both teams lol. Chill our guys I am sure France has got all in the tank, durability and technique both look good in France.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 PM
 
3,283 posts, read 5,637,470 times
Reputation: 2408
France dominated this match in almost every way except on the scoreboard. Les Bleus had their chances but could only connect on one opportunity. However if they play like this in the World Cup they'll be fine, particularly when they come up against other squads that also pack it in defensively. The only concern I'd have if I were them would be the shakiness of Lloris. (And as a Spurs fan, his inconsistency lately does actually worry me.)

I don't know what the USMNT takes away from this match. They didn't really do much to create many legitimate offensive chances, though their game plan to stop France from scoring in a match that didn't matter worked. Yet I've already stumbled across numerous articles suggesting that this will provide the organization with something big to build on as it moves forward. I'm not sure I agree with that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2018, 03:36 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,987 posts, read 1,026,082 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
France dominated this match in almost every way except on the scoreboard. Les Bleus had their chances but could only connect on one opportunity. However if they play like this in the World Cup they'll be fine, particularly when they come up against other squads that also pack it in defensively. The only concern I'd have if I were them would be the shakiness of Lloris. (And as a Spurs fan, his inconsistency lately does actually worry me.)

I don't know what the USMNT takes away from this match. They didn't really do much to create many legitimate offensive chances, though their game plan to stop France from scoring in a match that didn't matter worked. Yet I've already stumbled across numerous articles suggesting that this will provide the organization with something big to build on as it moves forward. I'm not sure I agree with that.
Both teams played fine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2018, 04:06 AM
 
Location: World
4,041 posts, read 3,868,170 times
Reputation: 2678
Mbappe is being touted as future star for France, soeone on the lines of Thierre Henry. Lets see how he performs for France in coming World Cup. Overall it was a good performance by USMNT, way better then the one we saw against Ireland recently.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2018, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,598 posts, read 16,929,560 times
Reputation: 5161
It was a meaningless friendly, nothing to get excited about. France's biggest goal was to come out with no injuries. You remember losing to a poor Ireland a few days earlier ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top