Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 03:57 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
You have never heard of planes it seems.

omg what a provincial mindset.

In the era of the internet, and people are still this uninformed. lol oh, god please someone buy this poor soul a plane ticket outside of Europe!! He needs to see the world!
You’re pushing the envelope a tad here pal, and like the usual keyboard warriors, you find it very easy to be condescending sitting in your darkened room.
Never heard of planes eh, I’ve flown from London to Sydney and Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Bangkok, Tahiti and Singapore, plus visiting Canada, and maybe 20 of the Lower 48, NYC, L.A., Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Memphis.
I still find it hard to get my head around how hundreds of Senegalese can afford to take time off and buy plane tickets and hotels and follow their team to Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
I guess the western Europeans fans are in smaller numbers in Russia because the prejudice they have for Russia as well the fear of the Russians hooligans, especially the English, Germans and French.
Not surprised, especially with how the media pushes an anti-Russia motive. Latin Americans are turning up in great numbers because they don't buy into the stupid racist propaganda against us. And I'm sure they are having a great time in our country

Old 06-22-2018, 05:37 PM

630 posts, read 526,099 times
Quote:
no they dont

apart from mexicothat has a diaspora in the US, allthose other countries dont have that much population of migrants anywhere.

colombia, mexico, panama, costa rica, are all middle class countries.

Over 1 million Colombians are living in the US alone , and over 300k living in Spain.

100k Costa Ricans live in the US, which may not sound like many but the country has 4 millions it's still significant.

160k Panamans in the US alone out of a population of 4 millions.

These diaspora aren't as huge as Mexico's (which is certainly the largest diaspora in the world and by far) but they're by no means small either considering their general population's size.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:50 AM

89 posts, read 76,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Over 1 million Colombians are living in the US alone , and over 300k living in Spain.

100k Costa Ricans live in the US, which may not sound like many but the country has 4 millions it's still significant.

160k Panamans in the US alone out of a population of 4 millions.

These diaspora aren't as huge as Mexico's (which is certainly the largest diaspora in the world and by far) but they're by no means small either considering their general population's size.
there are no 1 million colombians in the US, there are over 400k, unless you think Americans with colombian ancestry are colombian.

colombian is a person born in colombia, not in the US.

plus, what kind of provincial ignorant simple minded person thinks one needs to live in the US in order to afford a holiday in russia.

i live in colombia and i recently visited Europe for three weeks. noo need to live in MCDONALDSLAND.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:43 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,227 times
Quote:
Europeans are HORRIBLY influenced by American media and the *Evil Russian* scheme.

The British media for example warned English fans of the terrors of Russia... but now the BBC correspondents are saying... this place is amazing, diverse, fun, Russians are a friendly colorful people, they love the craziness brought by the world cup and welcome it!

In the words of the BBC correspondent, visiting Russia was an eye opening experience!!! The English fans present are also saying the same, people are awesome, welcoming, friendly, this place is beautiful!

Goes to show you how much American media influences people around the world.

The moment your country doesnt align with American global interests, be prepared to be BASHED and given a horrible reputation by American and European media. *Europe is Americas poodle*
I’m not influenced one iota by the American media, nor the British media, I’m old enough and intelligent enough to work out when something or someone is trying to influence my thinking.
I’ve been to St. Petersburg, both in Russia and Florida, and when I was a truck driver, I went to Poland, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia before it split, and Hungary enough times to recognise that the population all seemed okay to me, no one gave me a hard time, and I never felt unsafe anywhere.
Quite honestly, reading your input, you’re wasted on here, you should be writing fairy stories.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:22 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb
europeans are horribly influenced by american media and the *evil russian* scheme.

The british media for example warned english fans of the terrors of russia... But now the bbc correspondents are saying... This place is amazing, diverse, fun, russians are a friendly colorful people, they love the craziness brought by the world cup and welcome it!

In the words of the bbc correspondent, visiting russia was an eye opening experience!!! The english fans present are also saying the same, people are awesome, welcoming, friendly, this place is beautiful!

Goes to show you how much american media influences people around the world.

The moment your country doesnt align with american global interests, be prepared to be bashed and given a horrible reputation by american and european media. *europe is americas poodle*

Irene.

The disgusting display by Russian thugs in Marseille against ordinary England fans, is well documented as was the Russian response when Igor Lebedev says Russian fans involved in violence in Marseille should be praised for ‘defending the honour of their country’. Whilst the Head of Russia's Ultras Alexander Shprygin has been pictured with Putin and knows him personally.

Head of official Russian supporters Alexander Shprygin to be deported - The Guardian

Euro 2016: Russian insider reveals hooligans are 'more than Ultras -The Independent

Russian MP offers solution to hooligan violence: make it a spectator sport - The Guardian

Moscow football official to violent fans: well done lads, keep it up - The Guardian

As for Putin's Russia, the levels of corruption, organised crime and state sanctioned murders are also well documented, as is the Putin regimes link to the ultras and other such groups.

The fact that Putin has banished the hooligans and has put a major security operation in place, does not negate from past events or the fact that Putin himself and his regime are little more than organised crime.

As for the BBC it recently screened a very good documentary about Putin's Russia, with highly respected broadcaster David Dimbleby offering a unique inisght and analysis of modern Russia under Putin.

Putin's Russia with David Dimbleby, review - Dimbleby plays a blinder - The Telegraph

In terms of reporting most of it relates to the England team rather than Russia, however few England fans have even bothered to go and who can blame them, although the support will increase if England make it through their group and on to the next round.

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-23-2018 at 04:48 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 AM

570 posts, read 508,422 times
How good Belgium is!!!! They have big chances to be the champions this year

Old 06-23-2018, 10:01 AM

1,087 posts, read 782,377 times
You don't support Mexico, with Trump wall, separations of immigrant children?

It's pronounced as Me-hee-ko. Southern Cal will have big celebrations tonight.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:40 AM

630 posts, read 526,099 times
Quote:
there are no 1 million colombians in the US, there are over 400k, unless you think Americans with colombian ancestry are colombian.

colombian is a person born in colombia, not in the US.

plus, what kind of provincial ignorant simple minded person thinks one needs to live in the US in order to afford a holiday in russia.

i live in colombia and i recently visited Europe for three weeks. noo need to live in MCDONALDSLAND.

Why wouldn't a person born of of Colombian parents be Colombian too? Because it goes against your trying to prove that Colombia is wealthy unlike Mexicans and Central Americans?
I'm pretty sure there are people there who can easily afford long distance travels. However, I'm also sure aside from the country's elite there are few and far between. It's still a country where the minimum wage is $265 monthly.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:17 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I’m not influenced one iota by the American media, nor the British media, I’m old enough and intelligent enough to work out when something or someone is trying to influence my thinking.
I’ve been to St. Petersburg, both in Russia and Florida, and when I was a truck driver, I went to Poland, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia before it split, and Hungary enough times to recognise that the population all seemed okay to me, no one gave me a hard time, and I never felt unsafe anywhere.
Quite honestly, reading your input, you’re wasted on here, you should be writing fairy stories.
Irene's just a bit bitter because Colombia got beaten by Japan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer