U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 07:09 PM

710 posts, read 336,222 times

Advertisements

last night spain played very good keeps on fighting the russian goalkeeper, but the keeper and defender rusia are solid. spain lose but them have good skill game soccer , russia less good/ interesting soccer orgame but i have to lift thumbs up for russian goalkeeper
there are still rest strong teams like french, england brazil even belgia that presents exciting games and newcomers like uruguai,mexico, croatian, japan etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 10:46 PM

2,958 posts, read 3,510,165 times
One must admit, this year's World Cup has been VERY interesting and full of surprises. Among them:

1. Italy FAILED TO QUALIFY!
2. Germany IS OUT!
3. Argentina . . . GONE!
4. Spain . . . ADIOS!
5. Mexico, Russia, Colombia, South Korea have had AMAZING VICTORIES!

My hope is that this World Cup's Victor will not be one the remaining "usual suspects" (i.e., Brasil, Uruguay, France, Belgium). As much as I love Brasil, I don't want them to win because they've won it 6 times.

May the victory go to one of the countries mentioned above in #5.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:48 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,128,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
One must admit, this year's World Cup has been VERY interesting and full of surprises. Among them:

2. Germany IS OUT!
3. Argentina . . . GONE!
4. Spain . . . ADIOS!

My hope is that this World Cup's Victor will not be one the remaining "usual suspects" (i.e., Brasil, Uruguay, France, Belgium). As much as I love Brasil, I don't want them to win because they've won it 6 times.

You forgot Portugal and Netherlands, two strong teams!

Old 07-02-2018, 05:05 AM

8,869 posts, read 7,560,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
F#cking, corrupt bull****: that's the definition of this year's WC.

. I am no longer watching this retarded game. If Brazil or France get cucked by weak teams like the ruskies or the english: they deserve it! what a joke.

The English are the 7th best all time World Cup team:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-ti...FIFA_World_Cup

They are also one of only EIGHT nations to EVER win the World Cup, they also have the worlds most competitive football league - hardly WEAK, perhaps you should look at the countries results over the last 4 years rather than simply spouting off stereotypical nonsense. Anyway I thought you weren't going to come back here now that a lot of the 'gloryhunters' teams have gone?

Last edited by easthome; 07-02-2018 at 05:40 AM..

Old 07-02-2018, 05:26 AM

2,958 posts, read 3,510,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
You forgot Portugal and Netherlands, two strong teams!
Notice I stated "REMAINING" usual suspects.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:23 AM

7,851 posts, read 11,568,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

2. Germany IS OUT!
3. Argentina . . . GONE!
4. Spain . . . ADIOS!

As mentioned, Netherlands' failure to qualify, after being runner-up three times, is also a shocker.

Despite knocking out Germany, South Korea did not make it to the final 16, while Japan sort of backed into it, as did Mexico and Colombia.

Uruguay has not been to finals since 1950, winning then and in 1930.

Belgium has never even been to the finals, but if you want an excuse to root against them, consider them an appendage of France and Germany (no offense to united and patriotic Belgians, of course).

Of 20 World Cup tournaments so far, it seems that the host team has won six times (30%), including Uruguay, Italy, Argentina, England and France, and the host team has lost the finals two times (10%), including Brazil and Sweden.

So based on those numbers, Russia has a 40% chance to make it to the finals.

Brazil and France are on course to meet in the semi-finals, so it won't be one of those two, and perhaps neither.

Not much talk about Switzerland. I didn't see any of their matches and very little of Belgium. I wonder how those two potential finalists stack up against each other.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:58 PM

11,584 posts, read 7,211,104 times
Colombia would've probably finished with all nine points if not for the stupid red card in the first game. Their team is not a fluke. James is injured sadly, but Quintero has looked amazing. And their defense is much better this time around

Old 07-03-2018, 02:55 PM
BMI

7,474 posts, read 5,330,461 times
ENGLAND! YEAH!!

Old 07-03-2018, 03:38 PM

1,274 posts, read 1,014,585 times
Get in England! Glad they knocked the cheating Columbians out. Shame Irene's been banned again, it would've been great to see her response :P

Old 07-03-2018, 03:45 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,551,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
ENGLAND! YEAH!!
Yep, it was real good to see England finally have their moment, as they move on up into the Quarterfinals.

Next, it'll be Sweden!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or