Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 11:27 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Is England a favorite this year?
In England maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
I am talking about teams

the german football team is horribly arrogant, it is good they lost and hopefully they wont make it far as they are tiresome, itd be nice to have a world champion that is not brazil nor germany.
Arrogant? 1970 is calling, they want you back, if I was as good as the German team, I’d be arrogant.

Quote:
I cannot possibly stand Brazil team, not really Brazil team as most players are professional and alright, what i find irritating about the Brazil team its the highly annoying Brazilian fans and their worshipped star Neymar.

Neymar has to be one of the most irritating, players out there. He is like the Justin Bieber of football, with the annoying hordes of histeric teenage girls included shouting *Eu amouuuu Neymahhhhh*

Plus, someone who does this to himself is not worthy of my respect
I take your point, but I’d like to be a dollar bill behind him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Yeah...who cares about France anyway, weren't you French 0_0?
0_0 ?
Glace mince, glace mince, mon ami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 11:41 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,607 times
Quote:
Id say my favrite team to win would be Colombia...
HEADLINE: Columbian Irene wants Colombia to win shocker!

Old 06-18-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
So seeing dark horses ruin the world cup of major teams is entertaining... just like Costa Rica did in 2014 with England...
England drew with Costa Rica in 2014 but had already been eliminated by Italy and Uruguay

Old 06-18-2018, 02:00 PM

626 posts, read 1,240,839 times
Quote:
Portugal I dont mind.

I tend to deeply dislike Brazil when it comes to football though, I clarify beforehand the country and the people outside of the football sphere are ok though i have no issue with them.

Some of the Brazil fans are loud, obnoxious, go to any Brazilian fan celebration and many of them especially the Brazilian women present will act like cliches, dancing samba and showing off to foreigners so that they can be seen as exotic sexy. (it is an act they put up for the foreigners watching though, not a genuine desire, they do this because the wanna be the center of attention, that is all)

Quick, act sexy, the world is watching!!!!

Neymar is by far the most irritating football player on this planet, and the equally irritating Brazilian teenage girls who whorship him are also highly annoying, so seeing them dissapointed is very entertaining!

I also tend to dislike the dirty play of Italy (They are not in the world cup which is good), the Argentines, and Uruguayans. They play like iTalians.

I am often a fan of the little teams. So seeing dark horses ruin the world cup of major teams is entertaining... just like Costa Rica did in 2014 with England, Italy and almost did with the Netherlands, to me its awesome.

Id say my favrite team to win would be Colombia (though I doubt that will happen). So to me, any team that has never won! Anything except Germany, Brazil and the likes, I am so tired of them.
On that note, I've always disliked mexican fans shouting "puuuuuttoooooo" when the opposing goalkeeper clears the ball.
FIFA is taking actions:

Mexico facing FIFA punishment for fans' anti-gay chants at World Cup

FIFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mexico’s soccer federation after Mexican fans shouted an anti-gay slur in unison during their country’s 1-0 win over Germany.
Soccer fans in Mexico, as well as those in some other Latin American countries, have a so-called “tradition” of yelling the Spanish word “****” while an opposing goalkeeper takes a goal kick. FIFA has warned them, fined the federation and told them to stop.
But the chant was heard loud and clear during Mexico’s 2018 World Cup opener on Sunday as German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer approached the ball to take a goal kick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mexico-faci...160214350.html

Personally, outside of Mexico, I have never heard in any other latin american country the fans shouting this.

Carry on.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:26 AM

An excellent first 25 mins or so from England, but after Tunisia's (dubious) penalty, took their collective foot off the pedal. It does make one wonder (tin-foil hat firmly on) why the two clear fouls on Harry Kane were not at least checked on VAR - I thought that was why it was being used in the first place?! If they're going to award teams for a penalty as soft as Tunisia's was, then they need to be more consistent. Could it be the Columbian referee trying to set his country up for an easier ride should they reach the last sixteen? Or is this a Russian thing?!

Regardless, England's tenacity prevailed and the victory was deserved!

Old 06-19-2018, 07:48 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,527,393 times
Most news about Neymar in the brazilian media are not about soccer matches, but about his affair with Bruna Marquezine, a famous actress of soap operas. And Bruna Marquezine, on the other hand, is most famous because of her affair with Neymar than because of her roles in the TV. Neymar is far behind of Ronaldo and Romário (for not talking about Pelé) in terms of prestige for brazilian fans of soccer.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Yeah...who cares about France anyway, weren't you French 0_0?
O, more people than you think

Well i m still searching for Bulgaria in WC for revenge tho. Kostadinov, we didn't forget.

Anyway, I don't mention France because ofc, it's my favorite team.
Doesn't stop me to like a lot of other teams, great games like this Portugal Spain or the deadly counter attacks of mexico, and swallow a little bit of national pride :]. edf can beat Germany 2-0 and the game after lose against Luxembourg, impulsive and immature so, match after match before throwing flowers all around.

Let's see if they discovered how to play with other partners against Peru.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Too early to tell: 2 wins and a tie will easily get a team into the next round. Very few teams win 3 in the first round, as we have already seen.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:28 AM

570 posts, read 508,691 times
Belgium

Old 06-19-2018, 08:53 AM

Great, deserved win for Japan v Colombia! This World Cup is throwing up a few surprises already, especially with Germany losing their opening game, and Argentina and Brazil being held against lesser teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer