Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:32 AM

89 posts, read 75,965 times

Advertisements

Russia is a wonderful country full of hospitable people despite America and its pet Western Europe-s portrayal of Russia in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Some predictions:

Croatia and Sweden to "drop the bomb".

Final: 2:1 Germany vs either France, Belgium, Brazil. Germany to score a boring late goal 85-90 minute (scorer: Muller, oder was .

Prediction for friday: Spain vs Portugal...Spain, 1:0.

Ronaldo to have an amazing world cup, top goalscorer and will cement his place as the greatest to ever play the ball. Neymar, Griezmann and Pogba will be huge dissappointment. Player of the tournament: Luka Modric, Croatia + Timo Werner, Germany. Messi will score a goal or 2.

England will fail as usually but this time it won't be their fault, expect lots of 'dirty games' by both other players and russia as organizers. Harry Kane to get injured (not too serious...).

Sell your house and use the money to bet now before it's too late! Lol jk but my predictions are 9/10 of the times correct.
I will never understand why Belgium is a favorite. They NEVER do anything memorable.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:39 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
I will never understand why Belgium is a favorite. They NEVER do anything memorable.
Very good generation...
A lot of countries have the level for obtaining the 'star'...
Let's see, I hope there will be plenty of surprises

Old 06-14-2018, 08:39 AM

990 posts, read 878,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I fail to see how Brazil is a favourite considering the disaster last time.

I'd bet on Netherlands or some African country, that would be nice

LOL @ Foreign Legion France

Also, curious to see how Russia will handle it.

Still much less boring than the champion's league
It happened because CBF hired L.F. Scolari already in that time a retired coach who did not follow the evolutions in tactical scheme started by Pepe Guardiola plus the psychological pressure in the players for win it at home.

Tite (Agenor Bachi) is the best and trendiest coach we have in Brazil responsible for the recently success of Corinthians he represents the modernized Brazilian soccer school, plus this new crop of players like Gabriel Jesus, Firmino etc Brazil is in another level I guess stronger than Germany today.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Very good generation...
A lot of countries have the level for obtaining the 'star'...
Let's see, I hope there will be plenty of surprises
Last world cup they also said Belgium is going to be the big surprise with a really serious generation of amazing players.

It comes up they almost lost in the eight finals against the US *The US missed that obvious goal* almost at the 90 minute mark, so they barely won! Then got trashed against Argentina in the quarter finals.

I have always remembered Belgium being the one who is going to shock everyone with their performance, and they never do anything.

In fact, Costa Rica, the weak little central American team eliminated England, Italy, and it gave Netherlands a run for its money. Belgium just went took so much credit and left.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:12 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
Last world cup they also said Belgium is going to be the big surprise with a really serious generation of amazing players.

It comes up they almost lost in the eight finals against the US *The US missed that obvious goal* almost at the 90 minute mark, so they barely won! Then got trashed against Argentina in the quarter finals.

I have always remembered Belgium being the one who is going to shock everyone with their performance, and they never do anything.

In fact, Costa Rica, the weak little central American team eliminated England, Italy, and it gave Netherlands a run for its money. Belgium just went took so much credit and left.
Almost lost!? That wasn't the game I saw, I remember complete and utter Belgian dominance, if it wasn't for perhaps the greatest goalkeeping display I have ever seen from (Howard?) it would have been a bloodbath, that was the biggest 1-0 thrashing I have ever seen, people saying that Belgium have 'never done anything special' need to realise that history is irrelevant in football, the fact is that right now Belgium have a VERY talented squad of footballers.

England out in the quarter finals, Belgium my 'dark horses' and for me France will be the winners this year.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Almost lost!? That wasn't the game I saw, I remember complete and utter Belgian dominance, if it wasn't for perhaps the greatest goalkeeping display I have ever seen from (Howard?) it would have been a bloodbath, that was the biggest 1-0 thrashing I have ever seen, people saying that Belgium have 'never done anything special' need to realise that history is irrelevant in football, the fact is that right now Belgium have a VERY talented squad of footballers.

England out in the quarter finals, Belgium my 'dark horses' and for me France will be the winners this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhItEAEeaRk

Old 06-14-2018, 10:03 AM

595 posts, read 719,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Would be nice to see a "dark horse" say Serbia, South Korea, Portugal, Colombia, Egypt.

But my understanding is that Brazil and Germany are once again the favorites, how boring!
I don't see Portugal and Colombia as dark horses.

Maybe they are not absolut favorites but it wouldn't surprise me if they arrive to the Final.

Last edited by victus; 06-14-2018 at 10:26 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 10:22 AM

560 posts, read 599,013 times
Portugal to the final?

Laughable... Portugal is crap ... crap coach... crap system... unattractive football.... players that should have retired already and that the coach keeps selecting just because... oh well... Time to get bored to see super defensive play and hope the luck will help them score a goal or two ...

Old 06-14-2018, 10:42 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
I don't see Portugal and Colombia as dark horses.

Maybe they are not absolute favorites but it wouldn't surprise me if they arrive to the Final.
I see your point, thank you. According to one website they are in the top 10 or 11:

1. Brazil 4/1
2. Germany 5/1
3. Spain 6/1
4. France 13/2
5. Argentina 9/1
6. Belgium 11/1
7. England 16/1
8a. Portugal 25/1
8b. Uruguay 25/1
9. Croatia 33/1
10. Colombia 40/1
18. Serbia 125/1
21. Egypt 200/1
32. South Korea 500/1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer