Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 11:23 AM

991 posts, read 871,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
Great, deserved win for Japan v Colombia! This World Cup is throwing up a few surprises already, especially with Germany losing their opening game, and Argentina and Brazil being held against lesser teams.
Brazil has been stolen against the Swiss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Most news about Neymar in the brazilian media are not about soccer matches, but about his affair with Bruna Marquezine, a famous actress of soap operas. And Bruna Marquezine, on the other hand, is most famous because of her affair with Neymar than because of her roles in the TV. Neymar is far behind of Ronaldo and Romário (for not talking about Pelé) in terms of prestige for brazilian fans of soccer.
you are reading much teenage magazines! Ronaldo was the same in his time with Daniela Cicarelli and other wives

Old 06-19-2018, 12:25 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,242,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Brazil has been stolen against the Swiss.
How so? I didn't see much of it.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
How so? I didn't see much of it.
In the goal of Switzerland happened a fault and the referee didn't want use the VAR as well happened one penalty in Gabriel Jesus

Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
In the goal of Switzerland happened a fault and the referee didn't want use the VAR as well happened one penalty in Gabriel Jesus
I'll check it out. England were denied two clear penalties last night which would have been given had VAR been requested by the ref. Seems it's not being used consistently.

Edit: Russia V Egypt - Just saw Mo Salah being brought down in the box (and the ref hesitated to use VAR and only gave in after the Egyptian players protested. The penalty was awarded and taken beautifully to make the score 3-1. I do wonder what would have happened had the scores been level!

Old 06-19-2018, 02:05 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,604,090 times
Germany and Japan

Old 06-19-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You were obviously watching a different game to me! It was exceptionally one sided, the score could easily have been 6-0. The thing is the best team doesn't always win but if you dominate play you are much more likely to win, the Belgians will dominate most teams. Stop and think for a moment about some of the players the Belgian team currently has:-

Tibaut Courtois (goalkeeper)
Jan Vertonghen
Vincent Kompany
Thomas Vermaelen
Kevin De Bruyne
Romelu Lukaku
Dries Mertens
Eden Hazard

If you know anything about football you will know that is an impressive array of talent in one team.
Yes I agree! Belgium is strong favorite to win this world cup! They have a impressive talented generation in all positions, that is only common for big schools of soccer as Brazil, Germany or Argentina.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:39 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,294,871 times
Russia looking fantastic so far! Outscoring Saudi Arabia and Egypt 8-1, with the lone goal being a penalty. This is insane! I know those aren't the strongest teams, but goodness, Russia has totally dominated so far. I think this Russian side has real potential, Uruguay will be our first test against a true good team

Old 06-19-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Russia looking fantastic so far! Outscoring Saudi Arabia and Egypt 8-1, with the lone goal being a penalty. This is insane! I know those aren't the strongest teams, but goodness, Russia has totally dominated so far. I think this Russian side has real potential, Uruguay will be our first test against a true good team
They'll meet either Spain or Portugal in the last sixteen! They've been impressive but if they can get past either of those, I think they could possibly make the final!

Old 06-19-2018, 08:20 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,649,481 times
Wouldn't it be awesome if Iceland won the World Cup in only their first appearance? That would definitely turn heads...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer