Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 12:44 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times

Advertisements

would rather watch the Nat'l Womens team than the "men", unless I'm in the mood for a comedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 01:39 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Pulisic would run circles around the entire women's team by himself.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:34 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Can you imagine what high school boys would do to the best WNBA players? Or what high baseball players would do to the best female baseball players?

Would be devastation on an even greater level.
I've played some ice hockey with/against pro women... There is no comparison whatsoever between them and even a 3rd tier male pro (ECHL level) or a top-tier beer-leaguer.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I've played some ice hockey with/against pro women... There is no comparison whatsoever between them and even a 3rd tier male pro (ECHL level) or a top-tier beer-leaguer.
Even an average high schooler (in MN at least) would have a good shot at beating them.

Keep in mind, when these women do play boys, there is no hitting/checking allowed.

Add that in and it would be even more of a bloodbath.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:53 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
<grunts>

Old 08-15-2019, 07:27 AM

"Talks have stalled", according to SJW Rapinoe, regarding their efforts.

They will accept nothing less than totally equal pay.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:04 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
The women do not deserve equal pay as the men. Why? Because no one wants to pay to see them play. They don't generate money. So what if they did better in their league than the men did? Should players on the best team in the WNBA get paid more than the worst in the NBA? Of course not. Again, the audience for WNBA is minuscule compared to the NBA. Same thing with soccer. People don't really want to see women play soccer or basketball for obvious reasons. I can't believe this is even a debate for some people.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:55 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/15/the-...-to-trial.html

Sooooo, professional mediators have looked at the situation and the US womens team as we have discussed just doesn't bring in the TV or international money (yet) that the mens soccer does even if they're the top of the womens and they are the mediocre of the men.

In light of mediation failing they now want to sue, again trying to run in front of cameras and crying about women making 83 cents which a statistical study that I've posted to this forum by a womens organization shows that after adjusting for known factors it's more like 95 cents so the impact is somewhere between 0-5 cents.

I've grown really tired of the US womens soccer team for using their platform dishonestly in order to leverage themselves more $$$. The alternative explanation (they are athletes after all) is that they're mostly stupid.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/15/the-...-to-trial.html

Sooooo, professional mediators have looked at the situation and the US womens team as we have discussed just doesn't bring in the TV or international money (yet) that the mens soccer does even if they're the top of the womens and they are the mediocre of the men.

In light of mediation failing they now want to sue, again trying to run in front of cameras and crying about women making 83 cents which a statistical study that I've posted to this forum by a womens organization shows that after adjusting for known factors it's more like 95 cents so the impact is somewhere between 0-5 cents.

I've grown really tired of the US womens soccer team for using their platform dishonestly in order to leverage themselves more $$$. The alternative explanation (they are athletes after all) is that they're mostly stupid.
The unequal pay narrative that the left has pushed is a complete fraud.

Women in America:

Have longer life expectancy
Are more likely to have health coverage
Are less likely to commit suicide
Are less likely to have addiction issues
Will not be drafted into infantry in war-time
Are more likely to get child-support (possession of their children)

So why don't we all adjust in the alleged differences with those factors in mind? And those are just some of the ways women have it much better than men in America. As usual, the Fake News do what they do: pawn off fake news (a false narrative) because they are completely full of $&%*.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:26 PM

509 posts, read 782,078 times
I agree that the US women's team should earn less if they bring in less. Just pay them the same PERCENTAGE of revenue. If it's higher than the men's then there you go, if not, then oh well, that's life.

I think in some sports women just have an inherent biological disadvantage. And in some sports they have an advantage (gymnastics, figure skating). There are always outliers. There are some women who can hang with men, but it's rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer