Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 04:23 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,240,006 times

Advertisements

I like soccer but if women and men are really equal why are all the transgender running to women sports and not men’s ? lots more money Playing on a man team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 11:34 AM

15,730 posts, read 6,438,968 times
New Zealand and Australia have agreed to pay parity for their men's and women's teams. Norway pays equal salaries.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/06/77697...hare-of-revenu

Old 11-22-2019, 03:08 PM

27,031 posts, read 13,278,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
New Zealand and Australia have agreed to pay parity for their men's and women's teams. Norway pays equal salaries.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/06/77697...hare-of-revenu
Neither country has a big soccer league.

The Australians have their own type of football, and although New Zealand has a soccer league, it's overshadowed by Rugby Union and to a lesser extent Cricket. Whilst Norway also has a small population and does not have a big football league, indeed quite a few Norweigians actually support British teams.

Australian rules football - Wikipedia

It's fine for countries where mens football is not payed at ridiculous levels to have equal pay, however in the main footballing nations in Europe it would not be sustainable and would actually be detrimental to the growth of the womens game both at Domestic and International level.

In terms of the US it all depends on how big mens football is compared to womens and whether pay has reached ridiculous levels for men as it has in many parts of Europe.

Old 11-22-2019, 04:00 PM

15,730 posts, read 6,438,968 times
They mean something a little different by pay parity: equal cuts of the profits for the respective teams. I.e. they both make X%, but the men's total take is much larger because the pie is bigger. Still, it did improve the women's team's pay a little.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:44 AM

27,031 posts, read 13,278,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
They mean something a little different by pay parity: equal cuts of the profits for the respective teams. I.e. they both make X%, but the men's total take is much larger because the pie is bigger. Still, it did improve the women's team's pay a little.
To get major stars who play for bug leagues to go on the pitch in terms of mens football at a national level will cost more.

Also women already get a better percentage of the revenue generated.

Quote:

As an article in Forbes points out, the 2015 Women’s World Cup brought in almost $73million, of which the players got 13 per cent. The 2010 men’s World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which only nine per cent went to the players. Last year, the men’s World Cup in Russia generated over $6 billion total in revenue but the participating teams shared only $400 million of that – less than seven per cent of the overall revenue. Meanwhile, the 2019 Women’s World Cup made somewhere in the region of $131million, doling out $30million – well over 20 per cent of collected revenue – to the participating teams.

There's no 'pay gap' in professional football - spiked

Old 11-23-2019, 08:59 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,062,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I like soccer but if women and men are really equal why are all the transgender running to women sports and not men’s ? lots more money Playing on a man team
It's actually a fair point.

Similarly, how would feminists feel about a "woman" who "transitioned" from male to female and wanted to compete in women's boxing or MMA?

Old 11-26-2019, 09:00 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,377,757 times
Theyve had an MMA fighter go from male to female. Had 5 or 6 fights and lost one I think. He wasnt good before he transitioned either but I think had problems getting people to fight her because shes not fought since 2014 it doesnt look like. Fallon Fox I think the name was.

If a woman goes the opposite way, will there be rules specifically to them ? Theyll be on testosterone and I am sure other things that are banned in UFC for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer