U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 04:20 PM

263 posts, read 431,291 times

Advertisements

Hi - I just started to play some futsal and street soccer (flat, hard surface). I also play pickup games on outdoor artificial grass (turf?). I only have regular outdoor natural grass cleats now.

Should I buy flat soles for futsal AND buy turf shoes for outdoor turf?
OR
Can I use turf shoes for both futsal and outdoor turf?

A separate yet related question - what is the difference between indoor soccer turf and outdoor turf? Is it just that outdoor turf is a big higher (more grass like)? Many people use grass cleats for outdoor turf but they could not use those for indoor turf right?

So for these 4 surfaces, are these the shoe options:

SURFACE: Natural grass --- SHOE: firm ground / natural grass cleats
SURFACE: Artificial grass / outdoor turf --- SHOE: natural grass cleats OR turf shoes (mini cleats on sole)
SURFACE: Indoor soccer turf --- SHOE: flat sole OR mini-cleat shoes
SURFACE: Futsal --- SHOE: flat sole only

???

thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 11:10 AM

11,601 posts, read 8,350,065 times
Definitely flat soles for futsal. Your feet are going to be killing you if you use turf shoes on hard surface.
So yes, flat soles AND turf shoes are your best bet.

As for your second question, I'm not 100% certain, but I believe it has to do with permeability and thickness.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:15 PM

7,598 posts, read 16,922,409 times
I am from the days of screw in stutds. Rubber for hard surfaces and dry pitch, plastic for the normal/wet pitch and aluminium when you wanted to hurt someone ... until they were banned.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:58 AM

890 posts, read 879,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin183 View Post
Hi - I just started to play some futsal and street soccer (flat, hard surface). I also play pickup games on outdoor artificial grass (turf?). I only have regular outdoor natural grass cleats now.

Should I buy flat soles for futsal AND buy turf shoes for outdoor turf?
OR
Can I use turf shoes for both futsal and outdoor turf?

A separate yet related question - what is the difference between indoor soccer turf and outdoor turf? Is it just that outdoor turf is a big higher (more grass like)? Many people use grass cleats for outdoor turf but they could not use those for indoor turf right?

So for these 4 surfaces, are these the shoe options:

SURFACE: Natural grass --- SHOE: firm ground / natural grass cleats
SURFACE: Artificial grass / outdoor turf --- SHOE: natural grass cleats OR turf shoes (mini cleats on sole)
SURFACE: Indoor soccer turf --- SHOE: flat sole OR mini-cleat shoes
SURFACE: Futsal --- SHOE: flat sole only

???

thanks!
If you are playing regular futsal, buy the futsal shoes. The good ones have a nice strike plate, comfortable soles and good grip on a flat surface. Outdoor turf shoes are a must too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or