Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 08:36 AM

236 posts, read 154,934 times

Advertisements

Oh and from the ruling.

Klausner effectively concluded that differences in payment structure were the result of choices made by the women's players and their union -- including guaranteed annual salaries of at least $100,000 for 20 contracted players -- and not discrimination by the federation.

Funny how I said they made their choice to accept and Strangelove said it was wrong and tried to give all these legal reasons. Well a judge agreed with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 10:14 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
I'm all in favor of women's soccer becoming successful economically, but I don't think this is the way to do it. Put the product on the pitch and the fans will follow. It's just not going to happen overnight. Financial aid to allow for full-time training would certainly help, but I'm not sure where that is coming from other than the college game.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:52 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Joe Biden threatens to cut US Soccer's World Cup funding unless women get equal pay

I was surprised to learn that the non-profit US Soccer Federation receives any federal money at all. Probably time to cut that, I'd say, and rely on private donors. Fewer strings that way.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:53 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Itll take decades of youth systems and money for womens football to be competitive and have many fans want to go see it week in week out. MLS is 20 odd years old and is still of a poor standard. Winning a weak tournament (WWC) doesnt make you a good team or a competitive team. Right now USWNT is the top of a very shallow pool of weak teams.

Creepy Joe isnt going to be president, but thats for another forum so they probably arent too worried. Its funny how he likes to sexually assault women with one hand then pander to them with the other while trying to get votes.

Old 05-05-2020, 03:43 PM

3,786 posts, read 5,329,611 times
Over the period covered by the lawsuit, the US Women's National Team (WNT) played 111 total matches and earned $24.5 million in salaries, or $221,000 per match.

Over the same period, the US Men's National Team (MNT) played 87 total matches and earned $18.5 million in salaries, or $213,000 per match.

Fact: The WNT got paid MORE than the MNT. They got paid MORE in total compensation, and got paid MORE in average per match compensation.

Fact: The WNT negotiated a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) that gives them a guaranteed base salary, a 401(k) match, and healthcare. The MNT do not have that arrangement. The men play for bonuses. The women refused that agreement, knowing that revenue in the women's sport is so much lower than in the men's sport.

Fact: U.S. Soccer pays the salaries of the National Women's Soccer League and also a big portion of the management (front office) expenses. In other words, U.S. Soccer supports a league that does not support itself. The men do not get the same treatment. They get paid by their clubs, not U.S. Soccer.

Now, the issue really is that the women expect to earn the same amount of money that the men could earn if the men did better in the World Cup and other tournaments. But those are sponsored by FIFA, and not U.S. Soccer.

The WNT expects U.S. Soccer to make up the financial shortfall between what FIFA pays the men's teams versus the women's teams in world soccer tournaments. And people, FIFA pays out so much more for the men's tournaments than the women's tournaments. And that is the crux of the issue. How do you force the world to support women's soccer to the level that the world supports men's soccer?

This is the most idiotic lawsuit that I have heard of in the realm of sports. Rapin'hoe needs to get off the stage and go live in North Korea since she hates the USA so much.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/05/02...ision-analysis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer