Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 12:25 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
The game is fantastic. I am not sure what a spectable is, but I know that people watch men's soccer at the MLS level when these teams get routinely embarrassed when they play top level European clubs. Yet when the MLS teams play each other, they sell tickets. Amazing. Women do not play men professionally, so I honestly don't understand what the heck you are talking about. WoSo is so much fun to watch. I sat in a sold out Red Bull Arena and watched an amazing game last month. It is fine for you that you are so insecure in your manhood that you cannot watch two teams of incredible women play the amazing game. But it does not matter what you think, because the facts speak for themselves. Thousands of people in this country watch women's soccer. Sorry it bothers you and that you cannot get over your own sexism.
The spectacle is the big game. The womens league has poor attendance becuase nobody wants to watch it, the national team has a larger attendance for the spectacle. I am extremely secure in my manhood, but that has absolutely nothing to do with watching poor quality football thank you very much. There is nothing sexist about know that men are better than women at football. If you boys can destroy the world champions, your game has a problem. A big problem. If you want to ignore facts just to get more money then that is fine. If the quality of the womens game was as good as the mens id definitely watch more regularly, but its not and itll take 100 years of investment to get up to the mens standard ... which has been doing it for longer. Im sorry it bothers you to admit that the women arent good at football because of your sexism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 09:52 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,149,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
The spectacle is the big game. The womens league has poor attendance becuase nobody wants to watch it, the national team has a larger attendance for the spectacle. I am extremely secure in my manhood, but that has absolutely nothing to do with watching poor quality football thank you very much. There is nothing sexist about know that men are better than women at football. If you boys can destroy the world champions, your game has a problem. A big problem. If you want to ignore facts just to get more money then that is fine. If the quality of the womens game was as good as the mens id definitely watch more regularly, but its not and itll take 100 years of investment to get up to the mens standard ... which has been doing it for longer. Im sorry it bothers you to admit that the women arent good at football because of your sexism.
I know what a spectacle is, I was curious as to what a spectable was. You being all knowing, I figured you were beyond typos.

The problem is that you are simply lying. The NWSL league does not have poor attendance. If your measuring stick for football is the english premier league, than the MSL and certainly the USMNT have poor attendance. Of if your measuring stick for sports is in the NFL, then the NBA, MLB, and every other professional sport's league has poor attendance. You seem to think the only way to declare a women's team is successful is to compare it to a men's team. That is why you are sexist. Both the MLS and the NWSL have had attendance problems in their respective histories and have taken huge strides from the early years of their existence. Amazingly enough, that is true for every single sports league ever formed. Leagues grow their business plan and maybe achieve success, or maybe they fail entirely. Male or female, this is how sports teams work. You seem to think the female league should not be allowed to grow, but instead in it should be as successful immediately. This league was created because a prior league was poorly run. The NWSL is growing. While we all hope COVID will not hurt it too much, the facts are clear. People love the sport. They come out to support the teams with force. The league does what it can to help this by expanding in areas where the facts support growth and reducing where the facts do not support growth, just like the NFL did. Facts speak for themselves.

Now, this whole thread was about the national team. I agree the national team has worked very hard to achieve its place. From the players, to the coaches, and the staff, US Soccer has created a team capable of striking performance and commanding huge attendance. This is exactly what national teams do all over the world. Yet when it is men you seem to think its a positive,. but for women you do not. Again, sexism. Anyone watching the women's national team knows that they are watching the highest quality of football, unless you are simply deciding without viewing the game. Your continued reference to a scrimmage that no one took seriously is laughable. But regardless of you lack of knowledge of sports science and the game itself is frightening. The facts of the matter are, that all men "juice" during puberty, only naturally. They "juice" the remainder of our lives, only naturally. So of course there are biological differences between bodies with testicles releasing testosterone and those without. Some men are not satisfied with the normal amount of testosterone and take more. Talk about a lack of security in the manhood. So no, men are not "better" than women, but on average, men are indeed faster and stronger. So you should only watch international sport because on most fields of even the top Euro leagues, a minority of the players are the fastest and strongest in their nations. So you must only watch games between the top 4 mens national teams, because the rest is less by your standards. So no, I do not want to ignore facts, but you do. I think you are lying, because the womens game is as good as the mens. You just don't know what "as good" means. It is sad that you have already judged that it will take 100 years for investment in the womens game to achieve fairness, but I understand given your overt sexism.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:19 PM

Im definitely not all knowing, the rest of your post is tl;dr

Old 04-17-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Im definitely not all knowing, the rest of your post is tl;dr
Its clear you have opinions, they are just not based in any fact. Keep on posting opinions without any basis in fact. It just makes you look weak.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:30 AM

236 posts, read 154,629 times
Quote:
I know what a spectacle is, I was curious as to what a spectable was. You being all knowing, I figured you were beyond typos.

The problem is that you are simply lying. The NWSL league does not have poor attendance. If your measuring stick for football is the english premier league, than the MSL and certainly the USMNT have poor attendance. Of if your measuring stick for sports is in the NFL, then the NBA, MLB, and every other professional sport's league has poor attendance. You seem to think the only way to declare a women's team is successful is to compare it to a men's team. That is why you are sexist. Both the MLS and the NWSL have had attendance problems in their respective histories and have taken huge strides from the early years of their existence. Amazingly enough, that is true for every single sports league ever formed. Leagues grow their business plan and maybe achieve success, or maybe they fail entirely. Male or female, this is how sports teams work. You seem to think the female league should not be allowed to grow, but instead in it should be as successful immediately. This league was created because a prior league was poorly run. The NWSL is growing. While we all hope COVID will not hurt it too much, the facts are clear. People love the sport. They come out to support the teams with force. The league does what it can to help this by expanding in areas where the facts support growth and reducing where the facts do not support growth, just like the NFL did. Facts speak for themselves.

Now, this whole thread was about the national team. I agree the national team has worked very hard to achieve its place. From the players, to the coaches, and the staff, US Soccer has created a team capable of striking performance and commanding huge attendance. This is exactly what national teams do all over the world. Yet when it is men you seem to think its a positive,. but for women you do not. Again, sexism. Anyone watching the women's national team knows that they are watching the highest quality of football, unless you are simply deciding without viewing the game. Your continued reference to a scrimmage that no one took seriously is laughable. But regardless of you lack of knowledge of sports science and the game itself is frightening. The facts of the matter are, that all men "juice" during puberty, only naturally. They "juice" the remainder of our lives, only naturally. So of course there are biological differences between bodies with testicles releasing testosterone and those without. Some men are not satisfied with the normal amount of testosterone and take more. Talk about a lack of security in the manhood. So no, men are not "better" than women, but on average, men are indeed faster and stronger. So you should only watch international sport because on most fields of even the top Euro leagues, a minority of the players are the fastest and strongest in their nations. So you must only watch games between the top 4 mens national teams, because the rest is less by your standards. So no, I do not want to ignore facts, but you do. I think you are lying, because the womens game is as good as the mens. You just don't know what "as good" means. It is sad that you have already judged that it will take 100 years for investment in the womens game to achieve fairness, but I understand given your overt sexism.

I know many of the boys who took part of the scrimmage as my son plays with many of them. The women did not take it as a joke. The facts are that the kids were faster and stronger and they were BETTER. This pay discrepancy and suit are a joke. Every single one of these women are free to negotiate whatever pay they want. I hope they get every penny they can, but get better at negotiating. Negotiate from a position of power. Walk out onto the field when TV is there and refuse to play until a new contract is signed.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRockwell View Post
I know many of the boys who took part of the scrimmage as my son plays with many of them. The women did not take it as a joke. The facts are that the kids were faster and stronger and they were BETTER. This pay discrepancy and suit are a joke. Every single one of these women are free to negotiate whatever pay they want. I hope they get every penny they can, but get better at negotiating. Negotiate from a position of power. Walk out onto the field when TV is there and refuse to play until a new contract is signed.
Your facts are sexist!

Old 04-21-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Its clear you have opinions, they are just not based in any fact. Keep on posting opinions without any basis in fact. It just makes you look weak.
Not opinions, fact. Fact is they already get a higher % of the pot than the men. The fact is that young boys who didnt even go on to play professional football absolutely hammered them in a game. A fact is if the womens game was as good as your disillusion then people would be filling stadiums worldwide. Fact is theyre not. If in 60 or so years the womens game caught up and was good to watch, id go week in week out.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRockwell View Post
If you are talking about the practice with the FC Dallas boys club, I was there. If you are talking about the USMNT U17 game in 2015, while I was not there I understand that it was far more serious and there was without question some intent to embarrass going on, sort of like the US against Thailand in the 2019 WWC.

The FC Dallas practice was not serious at all. It was either the day of the Russia game or the day before, I cannot recall. The USWWNT were practicing for the Russia game and had been training in the FC Dallas facility. The boys team, with other club teams, were training and also invited to watch the USWNT practice and meet the players. As a thank you to the club, they played a short scrimmage. It was interrupted frequently, set pieces were repeated frequently, and lots of "war stories" were shared during the event. Not a serious thing at all. They warmed up together too, played Rondo, did soem long/short kick relays and a few other warm ups. The USWNT players were not playing hard at all, they were loosening up for match within 24 hours. You don't try to go all in against kids when you are playing a contest that night or the next night. After the practice there were pictures taken together and lots of laughs. There is no question the score at the end favored the buys, but the women were hardly trying their best. Now, that being said, a 15 year highly athletic male is likely faster and stronger than a highly athletic 30 year old female. It is the way testosterone works. Give me the most athletic 8 year old boy and the most athletic 8 year old girl, and you will see its almost even. On my U10 team two years, we had 3 amazing girls who go toe to toe with any boy. That changed so much by now. In the fall, none of those girls could play with the U13 boys. By HS, the difference is even more amazing. But I maintain that strength and speed are completely distinct from skill.

I have heard the U17 match got a little nasty, with rough plays, take downs and some warnings had to be issued. That team had players like Giovanni Reyna, Gianluca Busio, Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez and others playing at the professional level around the world today. I would love to see it, but I have no problem believing a team of the best U17 players in the US could beat the best adult women. Again, its science. But I do not understand and never will understand how this makes watching great women play each other less enjoyable. Unless of course, one just hates watching women playing sports in general.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:40 PM

No match is serious when you get hammered lol ... oh yeah that game we lost was a joke, syke lol

I could throw together a team of mates who havent kicked a ball in 10 years and beat em.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:45 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
This is nothing more than gold-digging by the female players. They were offered a simiar agreement to the men's team but rejected it:

https://fortune.com/2020/02/22/us-wo...cer-lawsuit-2/

“Women’s national team players are paid differently because they specifically asked for and negotiated a completely different contract than the men’s national team, despite being offered, and rejecting, a similar pay-to-play agreement during the past negotiations,” U.S. Soccer said in a statement."

So, they passed up on their chance for "equality" and instead are asking for a subsidy from the men's organization. It's actually quite pathetic. Sometimes I think that women are biologically programmed to try get into mens' pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer